2020 Start

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: 2020 Start

Postby fladogfan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:18 pm

Another UK Fan wrote:Is there anything like those current standings explanations on the GPS page? I keep looking but can't see anything like that.

It's a great feeling to see the orange on the current standings - wonderful memories of working in Comms to get the updates out asap and accurate. Just had to share . . . .

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D very happy for you AUK :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby elsietee » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:47 pm

Mushing Tech had a good tip on how to quickly search for your musher in the list - use the browswer search function. For me, that's "ctrl + f" - pops up a lil' box in the top of my screen, I type in Zirkle and hit the down arrow and it'll zoom me to Aliy on the list.

I'm wondering if the orange means "definitely resting", while the green is "resting and hasn't gone anywhere yet, but is still moving around" (packing things into sled...?) so has just stopped or is about to start again?
elsietee AT ponyhill DOT org
Repotted english person in the Sierra foothills, CA
elsietee

Postby Moose » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:22 pm

There's a "find the musher" function in the bottom bar on each musher's listing on the column on the left side of the tracker. It's the little magnifying glass.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby fladogfan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:05 pm

Thank you Moose! :D
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Another UK Fan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:58 am

elsietee wrote:
I'm wondering if the orange means "definitely resting", while the green is "resting and hasn't gone anywhere yet, but is still moving around" (packing things into sled...?) so has just stopped or is about to start again?

Makes sense . . . :)
Another UK Fan

Postby Another UK Fan » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:32 am

The GPS left hand box lists the mushers' positions and status.

The status of 'running' is in green font and 'resting' is in orange font. Which matches the colour code of the flags. So - orange flag means resting.
Another UK Fan

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk