The Movie-The Great Alaskan Race

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

The Movie-The Great Alaskan Race

Postby Di* » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:39 pm

Just wondered if any of you have seen the 2019 movie The Great Alaskan Race-The Amazing True Story of Togo and Balto?
Rented it off of Amazon Prime tonight and wondering how much of it is accurate? It was kinda cheesy but fun to watch regardless. The movie showed Seppala as having lost a wife to a flu epidemic years earlier & having a daughter that was sick with diptheria. Hadn't ever heard that and kinda wondering if that was made up for the movie to add drama. Haven't taken the time to google it and see what is true & what isn't ;) ...edited to add--I just found an earlier thread on here about the Togo movie with Dafoe but this is a different one. Also read on that thread that his daughter Sig was legit! I admittedly know very little about that serum run!
Dogs...What they lack in manners, they make up for in Sincerity!
Di*

Re: The Movie-The Great Alaskan Race

Postby tanglefoot » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:48 am

TOGO movie is fantastic and well worth it, the end requires tissues at hand, beautiful movie everyone should watch
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Re: The Movie-The Great Alaskan Race

Postby Di* » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:28 am

tanglefoot wrote:TOGO movie is fantastic and well worth it, the end requires tissues at hand, beautiful movie everyone should watch

Yes I have to see that one sounds like it's a lot better than The Great Alaskan Race I watched lol! :)
Dogs...What they lack in manners, they make up for in Sincerity!
Di*

Return to Mushing Talk