LAST last great race

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

LAST last great race

Postby tanglefoot » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:36 am

From what i understand from around the world, this is the only / LAST international sporting event going at the moment, everything else is cancelled, soccer, F1 motor racing, Surfing World Tour and qualifying series events, the welsh even cancelled the rugby!

so.. lets share the hell out of this, get the Iditarod into the mainstream media as they only event still going on, tag in the media, share posts on facebook, insta and twitter, lets get it some coverage and support so maybe we find new sponsors and awareness for next years race.

i have done a post on my facebook and made it public for folks to share and it's being shared world wide at the mo by fans who have seen it. feel free to do the same.
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Re: LAST last great race

Postby Another UK Fan » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:53 am

Was wondering if this was the case - thanks for confirming.

Yes - let's spread the news, share the love and hope for a better tomorrow :D

Interesting thing that the Iditarod is there for many reasons, and one is to remember the serum run, a medical crisis much alleviated by the sled dog. And now a medical crisis brings the opportunity to attract the sponsorship needed to make sure the sled dog continues.

Nice circle.
Another UK Fan

Postby tanglefoot » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:54 am

hey AUKF

yes nice circle x
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby fladogfan » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:56 am

You are reading my mind tangles. I'm going to let our local sports reporter, Mike Bianchi, know about the race! He even gives his email address at the end of his column.

Done, I'll let you know if I hear anything from him.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Return to Mushing Talk