Tech Question

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Tech Question

Postby Heidi » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:18 pm

I have been getting a lot of strange codes/messages when I try to perform various tasks in the forum that I never got before, and I'm not sure what's causing that. The forum seems less stable than it used to be.

It could be your photo is too big, but it used to straight up tell you that if that was the problem.
Heidi

Postby Heidi » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:32 pm

flowerpower wrote:You just go down, select your file and upload attachment, right? Mine looks like it is uploading (I get a bar at the bottom of my computer showing progress) and then I get the error message.

I just realized I'm not seeing the "place inline" option for some reason. I just get "add the file". :?

You have to click "place inline" after you "add the file". It's obviously not loading for some reason. It could be your computer connection, but I'm not sure (no techie here, lol!)

The screen will look like this when you need to click "place inline":

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 3.24.23 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Heidi

Postby Di* » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:26 pm

Heidi wrote:I have been getting a lot of strange codes/messages when I try to perform various tasks in the forum that I never got before, and I'm not sure what's causing that. The forum seems less stable than it used to be.

It could be your photo is too big, but it used to straight up tell you that if that was the problem.

Agreed on the less stable comment Heidi! Thanks for popping in, kinda sounding familiar now that you talk about it! That's great there are directions to do it, I need to read all kinds of things on here that I haven't!
Hope you can get it to work Flower.
Dogs...What they lack in manners, they make up for in Sincerity!
Di*

Postby mira » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:43 am

According the not-secure-warning or broken lock as I have..

That is because it is not using encryption (https versus http). Many (most?) have switched to encryption for everything even if you not have to log in.

It would have been better to have encryption, but I don't think it's critical as long as you don't reuse the password you have here. That is very important because the password are not encrypted so it can be read for instance by computer virus. As long as the password you use here are not used anywhere else, and even better, your combination of username/password is not used anywhere else it isn't critical about lacking encryption. Everything we writes here are on the internet anyway.
mira

Postby Di* » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:05 pm

Thanks for clearing that up Mira :D I can deal with that! :D
Dogs...What they lack in manners, they make up for in Sincerity!
Di*

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk