Race coverage on CBS Sports Network

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Race coverage on CBS Sports Network

Postby RAIMIS2 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:38 am

I didn't even know I had this network on our cable system, but am sure glad we do. For one hour segments, I thought the recap/coverage of the races was great. I watched one of the Norway ones, the Beargrease and of course the Iditarod. Lots more stories that could have been covered, but given it was 1 hour, I'm thankful for it and watching made me happy. I also am contemplating going to the Beargrease to watch next year, as I can fly there easily (though rental cars at Duluth are pricey) or a nice 8 hour drive through Wisconsin. Looks like a great event in its own right. Maybe tack on some ice fishing too. :)

Jessie= class act, sharing that big meal.
RAIMIS2

Re: Race coverage on CBS Sports Network

Postby fladogfan » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:29 am

I agree RAMIS2, lots to see, I liked the Russian race they followed. I hope to see more next year. Was disappointed the stories of the Elim 11 (is that the right number) and the 3 mushers rescued outside of Safety were not covered. They were scary and exciting.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Return to Mushing Talk