2021 Patch Contest

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

2021 Patch Contest

Postby fladogfan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:21 am

Hello fellow Iditabuds!

I hope all of you have stayed well and will continue to do so.

It's time to submit your ideas for the last patch of the Iditabuds.com. It should cover from Unalakleet to Nome. Yes, I realize last year's also included Unalakleet, but UNK and the BSSD were so important to this forum in our early years. A majority of the mods agree we should include it this time also.

As usual we need the year 2021

our name Iditabuds.com mushing forum

check points are Unalakleet, Shaktoolik, Koyuk, Elim, Golovin, White Mountain, Safety and Nome.

Dead line for entries will be September 15, 2020 at midnight Alaska time.

Once again emwcee has agreed to be the person we send our ideas and drawings/sketches to for the contest.
Send them to her by PM. She will post them in a poll, we will vote and then Em lets us know who the winner is for 2021. Thank you emwcee.

I can't thank Em enough for doing this for so many years!

As usual some rules;
Please get your designs and ideas in as soon as possible. Remember to include your forum AND real name with your design or idea so we can contact you easily.

IMPORTANT:
The patch design winner will need to be in contact with the patch company to assure the design is progressing to the winner's satisfaction. The patch company will email artwork to be OKed or changes/suggestions made by the winner. Please reply promptly to the patch company to assure the patches are completed and delivered as soon as possible.

Last year we were late in getting the patches started, but thanks to SC's memory and push we have a lot of time this year to work on the patch project. Last year we also ran into delays from covid virus problems.

If you have won in past years do not be shy in trying again. If you never entered why not try this year?
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Re: 2021 Patch Contest

Postby libby the lab » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:53 am

Should Golovin be included as a checkpoint? It has not been an official one for years.
Cindy, Anna Banana and Link-de
RIP Libby and Hank

http://www.dockdogs.com
http://www.chaseawayk9cancer.org
libby the lab

Postby fladogfan » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:50 pm

libby the lab wrote:Should Golovin be included as a checkpoint? It has not been an official one for years.

Yes, I agree libby, thanks.

Also Iditabuds, any other mistakes, left outs or oops please point out. Thanks
fladogfan

Postby fladogfan » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:18 am

fladogfan wrote:
libby the lab wrote:Should Golovin be included as a checkpoint? It has not been an official one for years.

Yes, I agree libby, thanks.

Also Iditabuds, any other mistakes, left outs or oops please point out. Thanks

OK I read that wrong. Thought I had left it off the list. I was using an old map. It can be included or not, the ideas of the artist shall say if it is included or not. Some of the mushers seem to have good memories of Golovin.
fladogfan

Postby sugarriver » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:29 pm

Actually - Unalakleet was NOT part of last year's patch. 2020 was ONLY the northern and southern routes, which ended with Kaltag. - UNK is the 1st stop after that. It was purposely left off, not only becuz it wasn't part of the loop, but specifically so it could be honored as a "beginning": as it was in UNK that the BSSD kids "began" our new forum with John as the advisor to their group, thus a "beginning" for the newer, "improved-er" edition of our group.
How do you tell the difference between a plumber and a chemist? Ask them to pronounce unionized. -
sugarriver

Postby fladogfan » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:23 am

:oops: :oops: Thanks sugarriver, this makes the 2021 patch even better.
fladogfan

Postby flowerpower » Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:38 pm

:D :D Love this! Wish we had contact with John!
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Return to Mushing Talk