Amazon Smile for Yukon Quest

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Amazon Smile for Yukon Quest

Postby txbennett » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:19 pm

When you shop at AmazonSmile, Amazon will donate to Yukon Quest International Ltd. Support YQ every time you shop.

SMILE.AMAZON.COM
Support Yukon Quest International Ltd by shopping at AmazonSmile.
When you shop at AmazonSmile, Amazon will donate to Yukon Quest International Ltd. Support YQ every time you shop.

Bennett Spelce
Done!! If I read and understand this correctly Amazon should be sending YQ Fairbanks around $20 monthly just from my normal purchases ($400 per month average at 5% = $20) -- $240 +- annually from Amazon to YQ at no cost to me over my normal purchases! I just enrolled in Amazon Smile and selected Yukon Quest as my designated charity -- then changed my "Favorite" bookmark from Amazon.com to Smile.Amazon.Com

:D :D :D
txbennett

Re: Amazon Smile for Yukon Quest

Postby txbennett » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:50 am

SORRY -- MY BAD! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I read 5% instead of .5% -- that is 1/2 of 1% not 5%. It's still a good deal, just not the great deal I first envisioned.
$400 per month at .5% = $2.00 per month = $24 per year for YQ -- still a good deal for YQ for free from Amazon.

:oops: :oops: :oops:
txbennett

Re: Amazon Smile for Yukon Quest

Postby fladogfan » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:54 am

Tricky little devils aren't they TX. It's always in the small print.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Return to Mushing Talk