Sun Dogs

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Sun Dogs

Postby CynCyn37 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:54 pm

I dunno, I bet a petition would be best so we wouldn't anger anyone. I know how Congressional staffers get when they get a bunch of letters. I volunteer to take the lead, but need suggestions on how to get signatures, etc. Should we do another thread here and have everyone sign up and then send an email?

Ditto to the emoticon!!! We need a Moose one too!
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Postby Di* » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:50 am

Glad to report for all you Jamaican fans out there that our musher, Newton Marshall, is currently in 9th place out of 16 teams in the Percy!
Way to go Newton, Mush on Mon! 8-) 8-)

http://www.thepercy.com
Di*

Postby NC2AK » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:33 pm

Jimmy Buffett and his following of Parrottheads are not real formal....what about sending a link to JB to this site. He can see for himself all the crazed musher fans who are also parrottheads.......and the many supports for a JB mushing song........."if we weren't all crazy we would go insane"
I am sure he would make a create a great mushing song...

Wonder how many of the mushers are Buffett fans? Never know our favorite ushers just may be listening to JB on their iPODS as they mush the Alaskan wilderness....that would be heaven on earth!! JB is coming to NC....tickets went on sale last Friday ($30-130) and sold out in less than 5 minutes..........get out the coconuts, grass skirts, parrott hats and shark fins!!!!! 8-)
NC2AK

Postby CynCyn37 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:22 pm

Wooo Hooooo! He's up to 7th!

He's gonna be in Houston too at $135 a pop. Too rich for my blood! Darn it!!
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Postby Moose » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:05 pm

Sure would love to see him again. I know all the words to most of his songs, and A Pirate Looks at 40 has always been my DH's theme song. (It must have been written for him!) With that colorful shirt that Martin wore, he's gotta be a fan too. Boat Drinks is supposed to have been written after spending part of a winter hanging out in Boston with Derek Sanderson, a former Bruins player. It's one of my favorites.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:15 pm

pirate looks at 40 is the only song of his i know and its fantastic one of my favs, although ive only heard jack johnson sing it...beautiful and being a surfer and with 9 generations of lighthouse keepers in the family...strikes a cord!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Di* » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:19 pm

tanglefoot wrote: with 9 generations of lighthouse keepers in the family...strikes a cord!

Wow cool history Tangles! Do you feel a pull when you are near big water? :)
Di*

Postby Breeze » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:31 pm

Yo ha, taa natura, mi'a ro ha, taa a' day,

Whats your One Particular Harbor?

I'm sue, I'm a Parrothead.

2 concerts at Tweeter Center in Norwood. 6 bareboat sail trips with friends in the Islons, 2 from St. Thomas and 4 from Tortola. 4 days on Anegada. Cheeseburger's at Stanley's and I know the now gone Tire Swing at Cane Garden Bay. Foxy Callwood remembers a certain Maine boat crew who tended bar, ran food, bussed tables and washed dishes ( for which he graciously gave us a late dinner).

I'm another over forty victim of fate.

Breeze
Breeze

Postby StarDancer » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:32 pm

Oh, Breeze! The BVI! a little Heaven on earth.
StarDancer

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:14 pm

im the first generation in 10 that hasnt been born on a small british island not on the main land, my mum born on the isle of wight, my grandmother on holy islands just off anglesey on the kitchen table of the light house keepers cottage, her father on anglesey, and all his family back 7 generations on lundy island which is very small. i was born in gloucester. which is an island i suppose when it rains! haha. i love the sea, ems and i are off surfing next week for 5 days ( so i will be away from the puter ) in cornwall.
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk