Red Lantern

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Red Lantern

Postby Breeze » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:20 pm

Bring them in Deb, bring them in. Where you are right now is NOT where you will be tomorrow. Keep steppin GeeMA. No choices except forward.

cookies at Nome, doggies, cookies at Nome.

GO DEB~ bring them in!
Breeze

Postby flowerpower » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:45 pm

From the other site:
NEWS FROM THE RACE DIRECTOR, JOANNE POTTS. She replied right away to my e-mail, in which I said we were disappointed that we didn't realize Deborah was approaching Nome. Here's what she says:

"Molly scratched in White mountain. She just didn't have lead dogs anymore. She is in Nome and fine and said it was a great experience. Deborah is about 15 miles from Safety and coming in. But we're looking at 9 or 10 tonight probably. She is coming though. We're updating as we get information.
Joanne"

and another update:

Joanne, just emailed me back & this is what she said,"

She(Deb) is on her way, about 16 miles from Safety mow and the trail sweeps are with her. I'm not sure what happened but the weather must be really bad out there.

They had to get the banners down. That's a 3 hour process and the guys doing it have to have it done by 7 tonight so they can get to the airport for their flight. When it became obvious that she wasn't going to be in by 4 p.m., they had to go ahead and take it down.

Remember that the finish line is the arch, not the banner and the arch wil be there. You never hear anyone say they pased under the banner in Nome. They say they passed undere the burled arch".

GO DEBORAH GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby Moose » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:56 pm

Thanks Flowerpower. She's right. The arch is the destination, not the banners!

Go Deborah! Go team. Hold that red lantern high enough that the folks back home can see its glow.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby Breeze » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:57 pm

heart, Deb.

that is what the Red Lantern stands for, it is our collective HEART beating in time with yours as you work.

hup, heia, and huge respect.

breeze
Breeze

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:00 pm

Breeze wrote:heart, Deb.

that is what the Red Lantern stands for, it is our collective HEART beating in time with yours as you work.

hup, heia, and huge respect.

breeze

ditto...well said...
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby fladogfan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:13 pm

Deb, sure wish I could stay awake to watch you come in. But it isn't going to happen---I'm wilting as I type :( Get that Red Lantern and blow it out. 8-)

GO DEB GO :D :D
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby aren » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:28 pm

fladogfan wrote:Deb, sure wish I could stay awake to watch you come in. But it isn't going to happen---I'm wilting as I type :( Get that Red Lantern and blow it out. 8-)

GO DEB GO :D :D

Ditto fdf. so tired, it's 2:30am again and I have to be up again at 6:30.
hmm, thats only 4hr, maybe I will wake up just in time to see Deb finishing Go Deb go :D :D
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

Postby ghostbear » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:50 pm

Yes at least I have heard that she is out of Safety so maybe I will stay up to see if I can catch her coming in to Nome.
Another late night for me here in EST zone.

Go Deb!
ghostbear

Postby Di* » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:06 pm

GOOOOOOOO DEB, finish this baby!!!!! :D
Di*

Postby flowerpower » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:06 pm

Deb left Safety at 5:13 pm AK time with 8 dogs! Bring 'em home, Deb, Bring 'em home!
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk