Finnmarksløpet 2022

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Finnmarksløpet 2022

Postby mira » Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:18 am

As usual, Finnmarksløpet starts the Friday in Iditarod.

Some links if someone has some spare time :)

Tracker: https://map.racetracker.no/?race=finnmarkslopet_2022
Live streams (don't know if it work abroad) https://www.ifinnmark.no/finnmarkslopet ... 81-1554359

Thomas Wærner is in FL1200, Bjørnar Andersen (if anyone remembers him) is starting in FL600 (I seem to remember some not-that-good translators year back trying to translate his name to Bear Ducktail or something similar. Bjørn is bear and And is duck.. but seriously).
mira

Re: Finnmarksløpet 2022

Postby fladogfan » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:12 pm

mira wrote:As usual, Finnmarksløpet starts the Friday in Iditarod.

(I seem to remember some not-that-good translators year back trying to translate his name to Bear Ducktail or something similar. Bjørn is bear and And is duck.. but seriously).

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the info for Finnmarkslopet.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby fladogfan » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:17 pm

mira both sites worked for me and if I was trying to learn Norweigan the second one had a live interview.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby mira » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:11 am

Looking at Thomas Wærner on the next to last checkpoint (similar to WM). He just came in, talking with the camera crew and was asked about how the leg on the river had been. He answered that it was really long doing it in the day and that you have to be a little dumb.. don't think too much :)

He is doing quite good, he is running with half the team with Iditarod-dogs and the other half (or something) with 3.5 years old, he is preparing his young dogs to build up a new great team.
mira

Postby mira » Thu Mar 17, 2022 6:13 am

https://www.ifinnmark.no/finnmarkslopet ... 81-1554359

Live stream, of course it is in Norwegian, but one of the vets was talking Norwegian so possible to understand something now and then.
mira

Return to Mushing Talk