PINK PEAKS Race Report

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: PINK PEAKS Race Report

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:46 am

there is, being editied for censorship reasons this being a family site haha, i was VERY pleased with sassy and the odd expletive snuck out with my happyness hahahaha

john how can i up load it with it being on you tube?
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby fladogfan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:51 am

GOOD! :D
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Di* » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:35 am

CONGRATS EMS!! :D :lol:

You did super in your first race! :D :D

Wow what a pair you two make!! Awesome...just wait til next year huh? ;)

Looking forward to the video, no matter how long I have to wait for it to download! :lol: :lol:
Di*

Postby tanglefoot » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:22 am

we said we'd have a fwe surprises...heres team tiara, better know as...
anotherukfan (left) and wendy (right)...spot the trail breaker family tiara!!!

team tiara1.jpg

getting ready to enter the sweepstakes as trail breaker - or better know as team tiara

team tiara 3.jpg
team tiara1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tanglefoot

Postby boo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:58 am

Very cute. A very patient-looking dog in the bag, too. :)
boo
boo

Postby flowerpower » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:38 pm

WooooooooooooHoooooooooooo! Can't wait to see their first race!!! Tangles, you'll have half the country mushing before you are done! ;)
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby tanglefoot » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:57 pm

just keep mushing, just keep mushing... hahaha this is my motto ever since i saw 'finding nemo' and he sings 'just keep swimming just keep swimming ' we changed the lyrics a little... we'll soon have these two on the runners...kirra, the dog in the bag is my lead bag and she thinks she deserves a tiara of her own hahaha, her nick name is princess raa dog - she sings raa raa raa raa raa on the start line when we race or train.

we are thinking of starting a mushing group here in our part of the country as we have so many people buying huskies as pets and then finding either they cant cope with them/dont understand how different to other breeds they are/want to work the dogs they have either bought as pets, or have bought to get into the sport but have no one to teach them...the only problem is finding a trail to train on. we have to buy permits in the uk from the land owners to run our teams
tanglefoot

Postby Heidi » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:31 am

Thanks for the pictures Tangles! How fun!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Heidi

Postby Another UK Fan » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:18 pm

Ok so the truth is out - this is what really happens at the UK mushers banquet :) You start off in the pub and end up on the runners! :lol:

Been offline for a bit and look what happens!

I have to let everyone know what great hosts Tangles and Ems are. Delicious food, excellent drinks and service, vibrant company (well where else can you spend all night talking sled dogs?) and then lots of fun with the dogs to round it all off :lol: :lol:

Kirra was so patient - and sat for her photo-op like a true pro. She'd not met Wendy before, and gracefully made her acquaintance. Kirra walked up to her, lifted her head to look into Wendy's face and then put her head back and softly sang out a greeting. So elegant, so well mannered, such a happy dog. You should see her in the start chute, mind - bit of a transformation goes on then. Mr Wolfe rolled over for a tummy rub and was generally very soppy and Lolly got under peoples arms as much as she could for lots of fuss. And the terriers darted around, weaving in and under the huskies. Magical! :D

Di - I wish i could say I was getting to be a pro in the handling duties! But day 2 was cancelled so no develpment to report. :cry: But we've made a couple of provisional summer dates to visit and just mess about with the team, so hopefully, when the next season begins, I'll be a bit more useful for both the teams Tangles. Although each musher instructs the handlers on the position of the dogs and their individual needs, it does help, for me, to know the team. That's probably because I'm inexperienced. But looking forward to getting more experience! :lol:

Meanwhile, despite the photos, team Tiara remain a handling team only!
Another UK Fan

Postby Di* » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:30 pm

Another UK Fan wrote:Di - I wish i could say I was getting to be a pro in the handling duties! But day 2 was cancelled so no develpment to report. :cry: But we've made a couple of provisional summer dates to visit and just mess about with the team, so hopefully, when the next season begins, I'll be a bit more useful for both the teams Tangles. Although each musher instructs the handlers on the position of the dogs and their individual needs, it does help, for me, to know the team

Sorry you didn't get the chance to handle on the second day, guess I was thinking you did the first day.
Everybody has to start somewhere right?! I didn't get any instruction, didn't even know the musher so wasn't sure what to do! :lol: Maybe next time I'll be braver and do it more than once...I'm such an observer and not until my friend kinda pushed me into it did I hop onboard! Glad she did and I did though :)

I'm sure Tangles and Ems will be fantastic teachers for you...Wish I was in your shoes! :D
Di*

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk