News from Johnca

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

News from Johnca

Postby fladogfan » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:24 am

Remember when we called him JohnCan? Because he could!
Well here's a little new news from John.

"We are doing well, but out of town currently doing teacher recruiting for Alaska. Chick retired, so it's just Rebecca and I these days. We are ACTUALLY headed to Anchorage to present at a conference on some IT stuff, and will be there for the Ceremonial Start this year. Let me know if you want anything like a momento or certain picture. I'll see what I can do. No promises, but we are staying an extra day just to see the festivities. :twisted:

Rebecca is still doing launch photography. We are planning to do a big Milky Way photography trip this summer, and then MAYBE keep going to drive up to Alaska camping...in our 24 years up there, we never drove the route!

Hi to all the Iditafans.

Regards,"
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Re: News from Johnca

Postby tanglefoot » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:31 pm

Ahhh amazing!!! Glad they are still around! Thanks for the news! BIG hello! From across the pond!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby braider » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:05 pm

So much respect to John for all he has done for us. And hence for, I'd say, the Iditarod.
braider

Location: Bemidji, Minnesota - the first city on the Mississippi River

Postby Moose » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:17 pm

JohnCan...and did, for which we'll be grateful forevermore! <3
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Return to Mushing Talk