Iditarod continues in this house

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Iditarod continues in this house

Postby adella » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:08 pm

Several months ago as I was walking one of my Siberians, a young lady stopped her car and asked if I knew anything about the Iditarod. She said she had looked for a husky several years ago to invite to her preschool as she was doing a unit on the Iditarod. Well today she came to our door and asked if we would be interested in bringing one of our dogs to her school.
So Czar, our male, is going to school to meet her class. He absolutly loves people and will love every minute of it. This should be a lot of fun. He is such a ham.
I am also going through major withdrawl with the race almost being over. So this will help. :D :lol:
Aim in life-to be the person my dogs think I am
adella

Re: Iditarod continues in this house

Postby CynCyn37 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:49 pm

Yeah!!! You get to keep doing the Iditarod!

I am so sad it's almost over, but at least we have the sweepstakes.
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Postby fladogfan » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:49 am

Adella, That's so cool you get to do that! Have a great time, the kids will be so pleased.
Might make the race more real to them.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby zoocj » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:37 am

Oh, what great fun, Adella! And you'll be able to relive some of the great moments of the past couple of weeks as you share some Idita-stories :) I know what you mean about race withdrawal. I feel it, too. And how much more the mushers must (forgive the clumsy alliteration :) I was just reading Jon Little's article about Sam Deltour's emotion at finishing and leaving behind this amazing experience. I can so relate to that! Have fun at school with Czar!
zoocj

Postby aren » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:22 am

zoocj wrote:Oh, what great fun, Adella! And you'll be able to relive some of the great moments of the past couple of weeks as you share some Idita-stories :) I know what you mean about race withdrawal. I feel it, too. And how much more the mushers must (forgive the clumsy alliteration :) I was just reading Jon Little's article about Sam Deltour's emotion at finishing and leaving behind this amazing experience. I can so relate to that! Have fun at school with Czar!

I said in another post on another thread, several days ago, that I felt so empty after Lance and Jeff had finished the race. There are probabely many of us who know exactly what you mean when you talk about race withdrawal.
I am already looking forward to next years race. Thinking about who will enter, what will the weather and trail conditions be like, which of the Iditabuddies will be there and so on and so on.

On the positive side, there are only about 350 days to the start of Iditarod 2009 :D :D :D
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

Return to Mushing Talk