News from Team Norway #1

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

News from Team Norway #1

Postby SuldalsXpressen » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:02 pm

I'll start this thread for posting news of Team Norway from hurdal.com in english ;)

Kjetil Backen sums up the Femund Race

A cheerful Kjetil Backen is now heading back from Røros after a race well done.

The Iditarod-dogs have been solid, playful, eager and in good mood. Rolex and Bruno have had a hint of diarreah, but that's about it. The Team Norway vet Ingrid Wiik Haugbjørg is very pleased with the dogs that finished.

Lady and Maya were awesome leaders from Grimsbu all the way to the finish line. Kjetil has taken eight of Robert and Bjørnar's dogs to see if they can be among the 16 that leaves Anchorage on March 1st.

The following days will be mostly small training runs, and the last bits and pieces of work to plan and do before departing for Alaska in two weeks time.

This article was written by Ann-Kristin at hurdal.com, a girl we know better as Alphashe!

Eskil
Mmmmmm...... Unalakleet... DO'H!!!
SuldalsXpressen

Re: News from Team Norway #1

Postby dilli » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:04 am

I love you Eskil :D :P :D
We've got treats
dilli

Postby Alphashe » Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:59 am

Hi Eskil, good job. :)
I wonder which forum will be the one to join during the race, The ITC or this one..?
I guess 24/7 is not enough time if I have to keep an eye on both...? :roll: '
Anki
Alphashe

Postby SuldalsXpressen » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:40 am

This is the one :D

Just check activity and members (active members). Although some of our cabelas-friends stay at the cab-idit site, most of the old-timers stay here. I guess time will show, but I like the power we have here - and how close we get to the real people of Alaska. The kids at BSSD are cool!!

Eskil
Mmmmmm...... Unalakleet... DO'H!!!
SuldalsXpressen

Postby mithious » Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:44 pm

I second that :D :D :D I will be checking in till we leave and following the end of Idit here when we get back too :D :D :D

Plus, we have the inside scoop here with Team BSSD :D :D The kids will be following the race up the sea and remember last year when we didn't have stats and John posted who was in and out of , I believe it was, Unalakleet? Plus this FEELS like home to me ;) :D :D :D

The ITC site is kinda sterile...I don't get the feel of our community/family over there...but I sure do here :D :D :D :D

PLUS, no real time info from the ITC site like here......TEAM BSSD has it hands down IMHO :D :D :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby Alphashe » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:25 pm

Ok, fine..thanks. Then I have to answer my own question at hurdal :D
Alphashe

Postby mithious » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:45 am

Thanks Eskil for translating and posting Team Norways news :D :D :D :D Love ya!!!!! :D :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby dilli » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:28 am

Heia ((((Anki)))) 8-)

In addition to the Iditabuds input up above .. consider this .. which forum is the least likely to bog down and crash during the race? :mrgreen: :geek: :mrgreen:

Of course, we will all be checking the other forum (and other info sources) during the race, but I doubt the other forum will have as many dedicated, resourceful , co-operative membership networkers , mods and forum host working as a team like this forum has. :D

Ok, fine..thanks. Then I have to answer my own question at hurdal :D

Perhaps savvy beloved Langbein can answer your question on your behalf at Hurdal ???

:lol: 8-) :lol:
We've got treats
dilli

Postby Alphashe » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:22 pm

Hi Dilli. Thanks for all info you guys come up with. I sure will check ITC Forum as well, but I wondered which one would replace for Cabelas.
As this thread is about news from Team Norway I can say tonight Kjetils only problem is all the forms to fill in as to the flight next week. The dogs are just great, he is down to 18 and have to skip one more before departure. The Lanbgbein daughters will sure come.. :D
Alphashe

Postby dilli » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:16 pm

I'm looking forward to following Lady (who certainly has her Papa's good looks) and Sabena hauling Onkle Kjetil (aka :ugeek: The Elusive Strategist :ugeek: ) to Nome.

Nice new bilder of the Team Norway 2008 Irod 4 legged athletes!

ROFL .. the M kullet is certainly well represented. :P
We've got treats
dilli

Next

Return to Mushing Talk