News from Team Norway #1

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: News from Team Norway #1

Postby Moose » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:36 am

If Kjetil's dogs are really in such excellent shape and still raring to go, when is he likely to let them go? If he waits too long, it will all be for naught. If he let's them go early, will they have enough to beat the rest to Nome? Or is he willing for placement outside the top two?

I don't imagine the ITC would like to have a first place tie. Too many complications. And it would seem darn near impossible not to be able to pick a winner, even if it was just by a hair on a dog's nose.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby tilstede » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:44 am

Moose wrote:If Kjetil's dogs are really in such excellent shape and still raring to go, when is he likely to let them go? If he waits too long, it will all be for naught. If he let's them go early, will they have enough to beat the rest to Nome? Or is he willing for placement outside the top two?

We don't now either, Mooose. We have been scratching our heads and wonrdering what's going on. He has not run straight throgh any cp for a long time, and have not cut rest either. And he is not running very fast. Also said he was using the break all the way to Unalaklet.

Kjetil is in lack of great leaders. And there might be a speculation about the front teams, that they would have to run into a wall. The saying is that he is preparing the dogs for next year's Iditarod.

So; welcome in our head scratching club :-)
tilstede

Postby dilli » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:52 am

Running in quick
Hehe ... we all have to prepare for a cold turkey coming up next weekend

Not for US Irod fans .. March 16th Versus Channel will be broadcasting their series ..check out http://www.versus.com ... bookmark to check later when there's a lull

running back out .. am sooo jealous of people with DSL .. you have no idea what a slow painful dance refreshing cams, GPS updates, forum posts, EVERYTHING on the ITC website etc is for dial uppers ... :o :o :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :D :D 8-) 8-) 8-) :lol: :lol: :o
GoLanceGo
Rollin Rollin Rollin .. Keep them Soft Tails Rollin Mackeeeeeey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can't help it .. unrestrained amazement at another record breaking history unfolding before our eyes

Awwwoooooo
We've got treats
dilli

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:56 am

this is my first year with BBand..i so wish we coudl get dilli hooked up to it...lets lobby aol and north dakota council! GET DILLI BROAD BAND!!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby dilli » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:15 am

Hehheh ..Tangles .. incoming Inoculatte and brownies .. It's SOUTH Dakota :P :lol: :P
We've got treats
dilli

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:41 am

oppsssss... :oops: :? :oops: well south dakota then..why did i think north>>>>>>
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Langbein » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:14 am

Sitting here with a feeling that this years race from TN is like a test run, as a part of a longer strategy.
Backen has proved that the dogs has the speed and I guess the strength.
He's proabley done an analyse of the other mushers...
This was most likely the plan last year, but when Roberts team got an havey diarrhea
most info from that run was waste.
Time will show..
Langbein

Postby tilstede » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:15 am

I'm impressed ... 2 x 1049 miles spy mission? :-D
tilstede

Postby SuldalsXpressen » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:17 am

Next year Bjørnar Andersen is back. With use of some of Kjetil's dogs I guess. Wouldn't it be fun if Kjetil went back next year too?? With a reliable leader from Robert? :D

Eskil
Mmmmmm...... Unalakleet... DO'H!!!
SuldalsXpressen

Postby Langbein » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:23 am

tilstede wrote:I'm impressed ... 2 x 1049 miles spy mission? :-D

We all know that Kjetil was present during Roberts run last year...
Langbein

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk