ALL ALASKA SWEEPSTAKES LINKS

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: ALL ALASKA SWEEPSTAKES LINKS

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:23 pm

flowerpower wrote:Darn work! :x guess I missed it :cry: :cry:

Ditto...wanna hear the sad part...I was supposed to be able to leave 2 hours early (i have a LOT of comp time coming)...I had my District Mgr and Area VP in so I only got out 1 hour early... :( :( :( ...I arrived home about 10 minutes after the last teame passed the NomeCam...

On a side note...i watch the nome cam all the time....365 days a year...is there a support group for that addiction? :ugeek:

Any other screen shots out there from the start?...(thanks for helping out and posting that pic)

tsfr
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby Daphne in Alberta » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:17 pm

Ok Race Fans, I am a complete newbie to this so you will have to steer me now and again. At present I have the two pages from the AAS site up, current standings and race covereage. Neither shows any news and the standings shows the start at 10.00 3/25. Did I miss something? Isn't it supposed to start 3/26 ( I assume 10. a.m.) Very befuddled! :?
Daphne in Alberta

Postby Heidi » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:23 pm

Daphne in Alberta wrote:Ok Race Fans, I am a complete newbie to this so you will have to steer me now and again. At present I have the two pages from the AAS site up, current standings and race covereage. Neither shows any news and the standings shows the start at 10.00 3/25. Did I miss something? Isn't it supposed to start 3/26 ( I assume 10. a.m.) Very befuddled! :?

It started at 10 am Alaska Time. Check the the other AAS threads below for more info. And also http://www.iditablog.com. And be sure to refresh your windows. :)

One other thing: Make sure you're using the correct link for the current standings. The original one isn't being used for whatever reason. http://www.allalaskasweepstakes.org/beta/standings.htm
Heidi

Postby Daphne in Alberta » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:45 pm

Thanks Heidi, I was indeed at the old page and so puzzled over the date. Thanks for the new link.
Daphne in Alberta

Postby Heidi » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:50 pm

Just for anyone unaware, there's some great podcasts and information on the Iditablog site, including audio of the race start. Josh's coverage is pretty current. If you appreciate what he's doing, leave him a comment over there. :)

There's also a good video at the KTUU (Anchorage TV station) link. I'm guessing they won't have anymore until the finish.

And you can listen for race updates at the KICY (Nome radio) link.

I wish there was more! I'm going nuts! :D
Heidi

Postby Iditafanatic » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:26 pm

Josh is amazing -- if not for his updates, we'd be lost!

Everyone should read his latest blog entry -- as well as the anchorage daily news article. Apparently Al Crane has decided that whatever he says goes -- and he's quoted in the adn as saying that time differentials will be made up AFTER THE FINISH!!

Pardon me, but even my 2nd graders would know that that's cheating!

You can't change the rules after the race starts!!!
Iditafanatic

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk