Poor Call! (Jeff King's blog)

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Poor Call! (Jeff King's blog)

Postby Heidi » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:45 am

I just read Jeff king's latest blog entry (3/20) and I had to laugh at this part:

"What a hoot this morning! We brought Call & Deets in for the blog photo ~ as the trophies really belong to them. When Call came into the kitchen, approached the living room, looked up and saw the ceiling fan spinning – he acted like a small bush plane was about to crash into the living room. From there he sprinted back across the kitchen and launched towards what to him appeared to be an opening to the out-of-doors. Alas, Call learned a thing about triple-pane picture windows. Lucky for me, the window didn’t break. Not that lucky for Call – who now has a goose egg on his forehead… Yes, the dogs really do like it better outside – this is not a joke."

Poor Call! Guess he won't do that again. :? :lol: :lol:

Jeff's getting ready for the AAS and is planning to cover the entire trail by snowmachine today and tomorrow. His crew is already up there too. Read his latest entry here: http://huskyhomestead.blogspot.com/ There's a nice picture there too! :)
Heidi

Re: Poor Call! (Jeff King's blog)

Postby tanglefoot » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:32 pm

awwww poor call, hope his bump goes down soon. poor lad,big husky smmoooocches from lolly and kirra to help him get better and a big boy high five from wolfe
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:03 pm

Ouch!!
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby flowerpower » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:22 pm

Ha, I had a cocker spaniel once, poor thing had an IQ of about 10, we had a front porch with no railings about 5-6 feet off the ground, and one day he just walked off the edge. He landed on his head, got up, looked kinda puzzled for about 10 seconds, and then went on his way. :roll: :)
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Return to Mushing Talk