Sled dog stuff on USA Television

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Sled dog stuff on USA Television

Postby dilli » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:47 am

I should have done this yesterday :roll:

Head's up to interested Iditabuds about current and near future Sled dogs related tv re- broadcasts in the USA ..

The Weather Channel's When Weather Changed History: The Race to Nome
There's a rebroadcast of the show tonight, March 24th at 8 PM Eastern Daylight Time

For those with speedy internet connections ...
here you can find 6 downloadable video links specifically for the Race to Nome show .. located here:
http://www.weather.com/multimedia/bluebox/sitemap/257.html

USA Channel .. Eight Below re-broadcasts:

*** TODAY * Mon, Mar 24, 1:30 PM (Eastern Time .. adjust accordingly)

Wed, Mar 26, 10:00 PM (Eastern Time .. adjust accordingly)

Versus Channel's '08 Iditarod Series ..
last night (March 23rd) Versus broadcast Part 2 at 10 PM ET but did NOT rebroadcast it again at 10 PM ET as the official Iditarod website claimed Versus was going to do (nor was Part 2 rebroadcast again at 1AM like Versus did for the 1st part of it's '08 Irod series)

Anyway, here is remaining March/April Iditarod '08 broadcast schedule on Versus for those who have a cable or satellite subscription which includes Versus Channel)

*All times are ET .. adjust accordingly and also double check your tv guides in case there are more rebroadcasts of the series than are listed on Versus.

March 30th: 7-8 PM ET

March 31st: 1-2 AM ET

April 6th: 10-11PM ET

April 7th: 1 -2 AM ET

April 14th: 12-1 AM ET
We've got treats
dilli

Re: Sled dog stuff on USA Television

Postby klmobile » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:40 am

Thanks Dilli,
I saw the show on VS last night.
It was ok...didn't show martin in his Hawaii shirt but mentioned the GPS in the airplane. It showed Dee Dee coming in to Cripple, and Paul talking about getting lost, or basicaly how he just turned around be fore he got there. I'm sure he's still upset about that run.
I have the day off, and my wife just pulled some home made Macaroni cheese out of the oven. We're going to watch the show again over lunch :D
Don't Buy Cheap work Boots!!
klmobile

Postby TN Sledfan » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:51 am

Dilli,

Thanks for the info. I set the VCR for the 1 am taping so it wouldn't bother me while I watched the Lady Vols. Now I need to find the rebroadcast of part 2.

TN
TN Sledfan

Postby Jan » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:25 pm

if anyone knows the time for rebroadcast of part 2, please post -- I missed it last night :(
Jan

Postby tanglefoot » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:37 pm

any of that maccaroni cheese left kev? ;)
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby emwcee » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:18 pm

Thanks so much. My sister is taping the Versus programs for me, but she's going to wait to give me the tape until she has all the shows on the same tape. Do you know if they start a new one each Sunday night? If it's only a 3-part series, why are there 4 Sundays? Is one a repeat? Or is one a recap of previous races?

If anyone has any updates on other TV shows about the Iditarod, please let us know. I can't wait to see Lance on wife swap -- and the Discovery programs will hopefully give an interesting viewpoint as well.
emwcee

Postby CynCyn37 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:22 pm

I can't wait to see wife swap. Hope I don't miss it!
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Postby aren » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:01 am

I am sooo saaaaad :( :( :( :(
I only have our local norwegian teli and they don't show either the Versus Irod programs, the Discovery Irod or the wife swop with Lance and Tonya. They don't show any Irod related stuff what so ever :evil: :evil: :evil:

Does anyone have the posibility to copy a dvd or tape and share these great moments with a sad iditabuddy in Norway :?: :?:
I would ofcourse pay for the work, dvd/tape, postage etc ......and you would make this iditabuddy very happy ;) :D :D
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:25 am

same here, be happy to pay for postage and the dvd etc if anyone can make copies of the shows that we can see on our dvd's here.
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Return to Mushing Talk