"Mushing 101" Question

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: "Mushing 101" Question

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:53 am

thanks for the coffee d and the coooookies yummmmmy needed some breakfast ... :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :? :D
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby dilli » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:21 am

I know what you mean Breeze .. I fired up the computer at 3 AM and have been scrambling with dial up to catch up ever since. Without nearly enough inoculatte infusion to clear the fog from my brain.
Things are changing so fast ... am posting in one thread, recheck stats or another AAS website for info and then recheck standings to discover stunning changes .. trying to assimulate ... brain is still reeling from info overload :lol:
Things have been changing so fast I didn't even get a chance to mention the decision about the historic 24 hour rule or other cool stuff Dr Phil said about the special banquet .. menu will be based on the historic 1908 menu that was served and there will also be family members of the 1908 and 1983 races doing some special memorial presentations .. Jason Russell and Peter MacManus (grandsons of the late PeterMacManus), and John Hegnes' great granddaughter, were mentioned
Last edited by dilli on Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
We've got treats
dilli

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:33 am

so cool they doing that dilli,
i fired off a thank you email to dr phil this am and to ask him if they would consider putting it on as a regualr or bi annual race seeing as its so exciting and there is now through the internet a huge following world wide..and coudl we help in some way?

they had 22,000 hits yesterday and 16,000 the day before on their websites, so are really pleased to have fans checking in!

would love to see this as a year roudn event and im sure more mushers would sign up if they did it again next year
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby dilli » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:58 am

I personally don't want this to become an annual race ... if it did, I think this singularly unique race would lose is special historic significance and become trite. Just my worthless two cents opinion. 8-)
We've got treats
dilli

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk