What a great awards party !!!!!!!!!!

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: What a great awards party !!!!!!!!!!

Postby mira » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:30 pm

I really intended to join a bit in the start, but I kind of fell a sleep in front of the computer... so I went to bed instead.

Glad you had fun (knew you would :) ) and good that aren was there representing the norwegians :D
mira

Postby aren » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:57 am

Hi mira, sorry you missed the party, it was great ;) :D :D
I'm a bit tired today as I stayed until 2:45 our time 8-) ( hope the cool smily can be used as a smily with shades also, need those today :lol: :lol: )
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

Postby MotorWerk » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:26 am

Hi guys, nice to hear you had a splendid time. I had to sleep since I was up really early today. Next time maybe...

...and the Rocket is out of China Open... what a shame.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby tanglefoot » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:29 am

yawn........hi all! ]

what a great night and frank popping in to what a surprise!

will post the awards list and email the mushers tomorrow as am working all day today..

fun night! heehee. sorry my computer kept crashing...this is what i have to put up with through the irod, but actually never crashes if on live stream for bssd or iditarod live insider!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Di* » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:00 pm

HI All! :)
Glad everyone had fun at the party, I had to work!
Sorry I missed Frank's appearance, has he been lurking or what?! Looking forward to reading the award list Tangles!
Di*

Postby Breeze » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:17 pm

It was a hoot of a bash!

You could have knocked me over with a purple umbrella when Frank arrived. OMG , that was icing on the cake!!!!!!!! Somehowl or other, I don't think his arrival was accidental :) and I KNOW Frank is happy that we have a new home, delighted that we are carrying the best of his expectations forward. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm John, are you holding close to the vest?

I wish I had saved a transcript of the chat. Fast forward reading and typing were required.

I know I missed the very end, but the eyes and fingers gave up the chase.

Thank you all, AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Breeze
Breeze

Postby StarDancer » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:27 pm

I'm the one who invited Frank to the Awards Party. Frank is an internet buddy of mine. I've never met him, and probably never will, but I like his insights and comments. I first started emailing him about 5 (??) years ago, when there was a lunatic who went crazy one day on the Cabela's Talk Forums. Mith and I teamed up and helped Frank get him off the Talk Forums. (Mith - you remember that??). I convinced Frank to come to the Party, as I knew he didn't realize how much we have appreciated him over the years. I think he'll stay in touch will all of us.
StarDancer

Postby Breeze » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:38 pm

StarDancer,

Thank you. Immensely.

I hope Frank keeps in touch, I consider him one of the Breaker Tribe.

Breeze
Breeze

Postby braider » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:47 pm

Hey Frank... We'll accept a good Harley story - perhaps one about Daytona Bike Week.. It's good to hear about you being at the party. ...Dave
braider

Location: Bemidji, Minnesota - the first city on the Mississippi River

Postby deafcat » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:46 pm

yippee, great party, which, of course, I MISSED!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh well, someday I'll get myself into the right time zone (or the right universe, maybe). Meanwhile, it's nice to see everyone here! I finally got my postcard and package together today, so I'm not totally out of it! :roll:
deafcat

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk