Charlie Boulding

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Charlie Boulding

Postby iditafan » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:59 pm

Hi all,

Perhaps someone can refresh my memory. I believe I read somewhere recently that Charlie and Robin Boulding had a full-term and healthy baby. A few years ago, they had a baby who was still-born.

I've tried to find the article with no luck. Can anyone help?

I still miss Charlie in the Iditarod. He was from the old-school, totally entertaining and a dog-gone good musher. He came so close to winning the big race more than once.
Thanks!
iditafan

Re: Charlie Boulding

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:15 am

Hey Iditafan:

Charlie is my all time favorite too. If you find the article your'e looking for, let me know where it is too will you? The only place I saw anything on Charlie & Robin's baby was on this forum.

Brian MGFB
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby mira » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:38 am

I'm not quite sure if this is what you asks for, but it was mentioned on the official iditarod-forum:
http://iditarodforums.com/viewtopic.php ... &sk=t&sd=a

The stillbirth happened in 2005 (or perhaps 2004?)

From http://www.iditarod.com/pdfs/meeting/mins2005-02-25.pdf

PRESIDENT’S REPORT

Handeland offered condolences to Lee Larsen on the passing of his mother-in-law and to
Robin and Charlie Boulding on the stillbirth of their baby.
mira

Postby iditafan » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:01 am

Mira, thanks for posting the links. Perhaps it was the ITC forum where I read about Charlie and Robin's baby. I did a google search and couldn't find any article but I'll keep looking.

Brian, I was fortunate to meet Charlie at the musher's meeting before the start of the 2002 race. What a nice guy. He signed a photo for me which I then gave to one of his biggest fans.
Iditafan
iditafan

Postby Breeze » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:08 pm

I did some digging in Google this afternoon and found this....

http://www.sleddogcentral.com/forum/top ... 8768#68741

No details at all, but there is at least some confirmation.

Breeze
Breeze

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:26 pm

Hey Iditafan:

So cool you got to meet Charlie. I never did, but when I wrote him 2 years ago to get a photo signed , it was returned, along with a signed musher card, and a handwritten note from Robin, describing the early Spring at their place and describing flowers coming up, and the Spring chores that were coming up. She signed the note and added "Charlie's Secretary". That was pretty neat.
Glad to hear of the baby. Charlie will make a rollicking Dad!

Brian MGFB
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:23 am

charlie has always been a fav of mine, ive just got through the mail today... the 90,91,92,93,96,97 race videos in PAL version from someone in the usa closing down their mushing supplies...sooo....im gonna have a busy of season and lots of time looking out for charlie...anyone care to join me?
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Return to Mushing Talk