2008 Iditarod BSSD Iditabuddy Awards results

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

2008 Iditarod BSSD Iditabuddy Awards results

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:48 am

Here are the results and awards for the second iditabuddy award banquet held on wed 26th march 2008 at the bssd chat forum. in conjunction with the start of the 2008 100th running of the All Alaska Sweep Stakes

The first awards are given to the members of the iditabuddies involved with the forum during the 36th running of the iditarod.

1. Best Iditarod Website - BSSD iditaproject

2. Funnest BSSD thread 2008 - trail breaker - started by dude

3. Best on the trail reporter - Frozen Chosen (runners up SamATunk, Johncn and Mia and Tori from bssd)

4. Best Iditapoem or song 08 - Eskil, with deadmans curve

5. Best Avatar on BSSD iditaforum - ThisSpaceForRent (dog in harness), dilli (cookies), Moose (moose)

6. Best Idit-fact finder 08 - Heidi for her iditarod links post

7. Best overseas member - voted by members - all the overseas members

8. Best USA/CANADA member - as above - all usa and canada members

9. Worst top ten pick -Tilstede - 15 points

10. Best top ten pick - TSFR with 145 points

MUSHER AWARDS - as voted by the board members for the mushers in the 2008 36th running of the iditarod

11. Most Inspirational musher - won by Lance Mackey ( race winner) for his back to back quest iditarod wins
and Deb Bicknell ( red lantern winner) for her dedication and purserverance though the last two years iditarod to get to nome at last whilst being oneof the oldest mushers on the trail this year.
Runner-up: Jen Freking for showing spirit in adversity by continuing to a good finish whilst loosing one of her team in an accident on the trail.

12. Most comical moment of iditarod 36 - Martin Buser's flying tracker gps back to macgrath whilst on his 24 break in an iditarod air force plane.

13. Best looking team - Karen Ramsteads all siberian team
Runners-up: Sam Deltors happy wagging 16, and Jen and Blake Frekings siberian teams

14. Best looking Musher on the trail - the Buser Boys! Runner-up: Sigrid Ekran

15. The BSSD members goldern harness award for their pick of the best lead dog in this years iditarod 36 - BABE on Ramey Smyths team. 9 iditarod starts, 8 iditarod finishes at 11 years old and still barking to go on the finish line!

Two special awards were presented:

The Spirit of the Iditarod award - this went to GB Jones for running the ceremonial start dispite illness to ensure his iditarider got her wish to ride in his sled at iditarod 36, GB then went on to scratch at the re start to return home and retire from the race to recover from his illness, get well soon GB and hopefully we'll see you back on the iditarod trail soon!

The Spirit of the Iditabuddies award - this went to the founder of the original cabellas forum (Frank's forum as it was known by the fans) previous home of the iditabuddies and long time moderator of the forums, Mr. Frank Ross. Frank is now in retirement but continues to keep an eye on and pop into the forum, now homed at BSSD iditaproject, whilst not fishing or riding his harley motorbike. Frank popped into the awards ceremony to recieve his award to warm greetings by all! a fantastic moment! thank you Frank!
Last edited by tanglefoot on Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Re: the second BSSD Iditabuddy Awards results.

Postby Moose » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:05 pm

Hey, could someone post Frank's website address? Much appreciated.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Re: the second BSSD Iditabuddy Awards results.

Postby StarDancer » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:08 pm

StarDancer

Re: 2208 iditarod BSSD Iditabuddy Awards results

Postby tanglefoot » Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:55 am

heidi can you make this sticky
tanglefoot

Postby jonnybegood » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:18 am

Thanks Tangles and everyone that put in the hard work to make this awards. This was lots of fun reading and I couldn't agree more with your winners GEEHA!! JBG
jonnybegood

Postby Di* » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:30 am

tanglefoot wrote:heidi can you make this sticky

There ya go Tangles!
Di*

Postby tanglefoot » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:35 am

thanks di.
:D you back awake..im feeling so sleepy! saw jeff in and saw lance in but missed mitch coming in.
tanglefoot

Postby Di* » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:46 am

Yea, I'm up not sure if you could say awake!
Slept in and still feel tired....Poor Jeff always the bridesmaid never the bride these days! Pretty neat for Mitch though. That is cool that you got to see Lance come in and it refreshed so quickly, don't think I've ever seen that happen.
Di*

Postby tanglefoot » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:19 am

it was almost playing in real time!fantastic! everyone had gone to bed and i was the only person on the board i think
tanglefoot

Postby fladogfan » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:44 am

Good morning--didn't get to sleep til 5am EDT, slept til 8:30. my eyes feel all gritty.
Have you gotten any sleep since making breakfasts for those folks, tangles?
That was a lot of fun, last night. Even with all the bump offs and NOW where did THAT screen go!
I can't believe I stayed awake that long. I'm lucky don't have to go work today. Neighborhood is having cookout/potluck today, so got up to make banana pudding, made two while at it--pot luck after church tomorrow. HAHAHA 2 birds 1 stone ;)
Gonna check rest of forum. See ya, g/fdf :D
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Next

Return to Mushing Talk