2008 Iditarod BSSD Iditabuddy Awards results

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: 2208 iditarod BSSD Iditabuddy Awards results

Postby flowerpower » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:54 am

Morning all, coffee all around. Tangles, you still cooking breakfast? Omlet and pancakes with a side of bacon please.
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby tanglefoot » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:34 am

hey fp...so.....tired......need........sleep......
ems was a sweetie and cause we were quite gave me the chance to get off work for a few hours to cacth up sleep...caught lance coming in..was great no one on the cam so it played like it was real time!

theres a few sausages left! its 4.37pm here...so they might be a bit cold!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby flowerpower » Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:13 am

Just noon here, guess I need to find some breakfast tacos!
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Re: 2008 Iditarod BSSD Iditabuddy Awards results

Postby tanglefoot » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:34 pm

hi gang just forwarded the first email to our musher winners, martin and rohn buser to tell them of our awards and their wins. heres a copy of the email sent to them. over the next few days/week i will try and email the rest of the mushers.

maybe we should find some little trophy of sorts to send to them?
what do you think?

tangles

Dear martin and rohn

hope your back safe and sound and relaxing post race as best you can! wow what a race this year in the iditarod, we were rooting for you and thought the flying tracker idea was fantastic, really made us all laugh! Rohn your runs were fantastic, and we were all rooting for you to win rookie of the year and to finish the race, we are very impressed with your finish, congratulations!

Anyway apart from congratulations to you both for finishing the race, i wanted to tell you guys that you have both won some more awards!

i dont know if you are aware but there is a website called the bering straits schools district iditaproject or BSSD for short the website is http://www.mushing.bssd.org

its run by the kids and techers of the bering straits schools as a public website for all iditarod and mushing fans, but is also home to the forum members of the old cabellas iditarod forum. they are collectively known as the 'idita-buddies' and come from all over the world such as the UK Norway, poland, all over the USA and AK and use the forum at bssd as their home. they are all hardened iditarod and mushing fans and use the site for live links during the race, updates, share info on mushers, discuss run rest scheduals etc etc, its basicaly the friendliest and most hardcore mushing fan forum. some of the lengths members go to find information and support the race and mushers from around the world is astounding and all in good humor!

each year after the red lantern has arrived in nome we get together to have our own idita-fan banquet, vote on our own awards for both members of the site and the mushers running the trail. all members vote over a weeks period on their pick for the awards ceremony.

this year martin won one award and rohn one award as voted by the iditarod fans!

firstly martin you won the award for the most comical moment in the race this year, for your flying tracker trick! it was one of the funnest things us iditarod fans have seen during someones 24 mandatory layover, next to the hawaiian shirt of course!
you were unanamously voted the winner of the award by 97% of the members voting! a record!

we also have an award for the best looking musher, this year it was voted by over 65% of the voting members to be award to THE BUSER BOYS! the two of you, martin and rohn, won the award together as although you were both racing seporate races, you were still considered a team and most of the members voted you both as the best looking mushers in the 36th running of the iditarod!

to give you an idea how many folks voted, this year we had over 11'000 posts on the forum during the race from race fans at bssd! i think the new itc site had about 3000.

iam afraid we dont have anything to send you guys, cheque or trophy wise at the moment but were working on it!

so well done boys, you guys and your beautiful teams won two extra awards and have given us much enjoyment, heart aches, surprises and laughs and inspiration during the race this year, congratualtions both and thank you for all you both do for our sport of mushing!

best wishes

matt hammersley (tanglefoot) and the members of the BSSD iditaproject forum.

p.s if you would like to see the rest of the awards follow the link,
http://mushing.bssd.org/index.php?optio ... &Itemid=50
i know the fans would love to hear your replies if you have time during the off season, we have some great mushers dropping in do to questions and answers with the fans. regualar iditarod mushers such as rick holt, darryl seavey, karen ramsted and a few others are all members of the site.
tanglefoot

Postby fladogfan » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:50 pm

Very nice, tangles. As to an award, what about those brownies?? I'd chip in on that or whatever y'all decide. :D
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:03 pm

fdf...first we need to teach matty bout the difference in a brownie and a cookie....LOL...Tangles, you KNOW i kid....

Cookie

Brownie

:D :D :D

tsfr
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby fladogfan » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

tsfr
:lol: :lol: :lol: you little kidder you :lol: :lol: :lol:

are cookies called biscuits in UK?
whereas in USA, biscuits are delish with country ham (yo undertaker!) or sausage in the middle as a sandwich! or used to slop up sausage gravy, yum ;)
fdf
fladogfan

Postby tanglefoot » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:33 am

yup biscuits are called called cookies in the usa, and brownies are just called cakes haha muffins are not big puffed up brownies they are small flat bread type of pancakey type thing hahaha....and its tom-ah-toe not tom-ate-oh hahaha

cookies sound great idea or i was thinking you can get small trophies,..ive got some left over from a sled dog race here where we didnt get rid of all the trophies we had made up for it..could get the plaque changed and send them out? would only cost a few $ to get the wording on the plaque changed as i have the old trophies kicking about in a box that i cant use, they will sit there for ever more other wise! they look like little shields with gold metal plaque engraved. we could just get the plaque changed to BSSD FORUM iditarod 36 best looking musher etc etc

what do you think?
tanglefoot

Postby fladogfan » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:44 pm

Sounds good to me, T
I'll kick in some doe-ray-me :D
fladogfan

Postby DustMusher » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:12 pm

tanglefoot wrote:they look like little shields with gold metal plaque engraved. we could just get the plaque changed to BSSD FORUM iditarod 36 best looking musher etc etc

what do you think?

Shields? Like the Breaker's were using? HUMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

Is there something you need to disclose to us Matt?

I think they would be a great idea -- very appropriate even if it is an inside joke and if the winners ever ger bored and happen to read the breaker's thread so much the better.

DustMusher
And I will be your guide beneath these Northern Lights
And you will be my shadow on the snow.
Husky's Code by Kyf Brewer
DustMusher

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk