Amundsen race

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Amundsen race

Postby fladogfan » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:23 pm

OK Al :D thanks for explaining to me , Moose you are smart. ;)
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Moose » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:29 pm

Not so smart; just a Paul Simon fan. ;)
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby fladogfan » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:41 pm

:lol: :lol: Moose, if he said, 'just don't call me Sue', that I would have gotten :lol: :lol: Johnny Cash fan here :D
fladogfan

Postby Heidi » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:51 pm

MotorWerk wrote:But now I'm gonna make use of the mlb.tv fee I paid yesterday. Pirates @ Braves.

Go Cubs! I'm a die-hard Chicago Cubs fan. ;) :D

Speaking of Norskis, where oh where did oddjob go? He popped in here and then 'poof' he was gone again. :cry:
Heidi

Postby aren » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:59 pm

Heidi wrote:
Speaking of Norskis, where oh where did oddjob go? He popped in here and then 'poof' he was gone again.

I have been wondering myself Heidi, he actually left long before the Irod finished, which is not like him at all. Do you want me to try and find out what happened????
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

Postby fladogfan » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:06 pm

Was it oddjob who was going on a cruse out of south Fl. ? Don't remember when tho.
fladogfan

Postby Breeze » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:15 pm

fladogfan wrote::lol: :lol: Moose, if he said, 'just don't call me Sue', that I would have gotten :lol: :lol: Johnny Cash fan here :D

Groaner from here, for sure.

Of course, my real name is Sue, and Johnny Cash jokes became unfunny to me about the time I first needed " lingerie " in my wardrobe, and that was longer ago than I care to address.

If I had just a nickel for every time I've been hit with the Johnny Cash line, I'd have no retirement worry. Can I count this as a new "hit"? Can I still file for royalties?

All in good fun, folks. All in good fun. We can pull each others' legs and have a good time in the process.

In reality, I've just come back to BSSD from the Gere/Donovan Iditarod forum.

Never have I felt so blessed to share a home and hearth with like minded individuals.

Breeze
Breeze

Postby Di* » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:20 pm

fladogfan wrote:Was it oddjob who was going on a cruse out of south Fl. ? Don't remember when tho.

No FDF it wasn't Oddjob but Luna...
"Looks nice Remind me of some places in Norway.
btw fladogfan, how is Florida in May. Going to Miami for a couple of days before a cruise.
Hopefully the hurrycane season is over?"

:roll: Geesh do I have enough time on my hands or what! Am missing reporting on the race and finding those little misplaced facts I guess! :oops: :lol:
Di*

Postby Heidi » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:30 pm

aren wrote:I have been wondering myself Heidi, he actually left long before the Irod finished, which is not like him at all. Do you want me to try and find out what happened????

Yes, would you be so kind as to do that? I suppose you have his email? Thanks aren! :)
Heidi

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:58 pm

Heidi:

A Cubs fan? :o you're killing me. :o An ex-South Suburban Chicago boy and lifelong White Sox fan am I.

Of course our long years of suffering finally came to an end in 2005! Perhaps . . . someday. . . maybe . . . Cubs fans too will have the opportunity to feel that joy. Not too soon mind you, because we South Siders are still basking in that 2005 glory, and are loathe to give it up to our North side Brethern.

How did a nice girl from Texas get mixed up with the Cubbies anyway?

Well, I see we're both off to great starts this year so far huh? :cry:

Keep the faith Heidi!

Brian
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk