Oh No! Another Snow Machine Accident

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Oh No! Another Snow Machine Accident

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:34 pm

dilli wrote:Have been horrified and heartbroken since the moment I heard about this, as are we all. Have been joining with all ,who are in a similar state of deep concern and distress, to support and surround Lance, Tonya, Team Comeback Kennels Zorro and the other 4 dogs who sustained less severe injuries with healing vibes and the power of love.

Keep relentlessly pouring it on, Iditabuddies.....

ditto...

Deepest supplications and meditations sent on the next "Fairbanks" bound train... :cry:

tsfr
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Postby Di* » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:50 pm

Just heard this via Idita-support;

"Local Chn 2 is reporting that the guy who hit Lance and team called him today, apologized and said he would pay all Lance's expenses."

Anybody get Ch2 & heard anything like this? Would sure be one bright spot in the midst of it all....
Di*

Postby alpenglow » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:40 pm

Hey Di and all.... here is the link to the story on ch2

http://www.ktuu.com/global/story.asp?s=8091591

Sorry, I cant seem to be able to turn this into a link...you can also go to http://www.ktuu.com and look on the left top stories for the one with Zorro in his crate (you have to scroll one or two pictures to the right)

I'm soooo hopeful, he's such a stud. Also sounds like if Lance is not there yet he will be soon, must have been so hard no to be with him & Zorro needs him. Zorro's face looks perky enough...And yes the snowmobiler called Lance, which has to be better than not...

Hang in there Zorro & Mackey team! There is soooo many of us w. you
alpenglow

Postby alpenglow » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:02 pm

well i learned that the links turn into links after you submit the post!

Di...you can also watch the video from the ktuu home page. On the right, second video as to right now...(5.00 pm report) after the story of a body found (lovely as well)

Be warned though, it's a little heartbreaking, poor Zorro...but he sure seems to have all intetions to fight this.
alpenglow

Postby Di* » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:57 am

Thanks Alpenglow for finding that link! I will go check it out!
Di*

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk