AAS Last 3 Mushers

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

AAS Last 3 Mushers

Postby StarDancer » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:18 am

Is there any news about the last three mushers? The Leader Board shows Cari Miller and Kristen Bey in Haven (return) and Jeff Darling still in Candle. Are these mushers and teams OK? (I sent this question to Josh; will let you know when I hear anything)
Last edited by StarDancer on Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
StarDancer

Re: AAS Last 3 Mushers

Postby flowerpower » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:43 am

The only update I saw was from Josh's blog, which said there was a storm moving in and teams had been told it would be best to hold their present locations.
The next musher isn’t expected to reach Nome for another 14 hours or so, and because of a storm front that is in right now most teams are being advised to stay where they are for the time being. Aaron Burmeister was the last musher to arrive so far, and whenever Aaron gets in from the Iditarod the people of Nome always come out to welcome the home-town musher…..AAS was no different.
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby StarDancer » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:50 am

I read that, too, in Josh's blog. But there are no updates at all.
StarDancer

Postby flowerpower » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:55 am

from adn:
All-Alaska Sweepstakes

Into Nome

1) Mitch Seavey, 2 days, 13 hours, 30 minutes; 2) Jeff King, 2 days, 13 hours, 39 minutes; 3) Lance Mackey, 2 days, 15 hours, 59 minutes; 4) Sonny Lindner, 2 days, 19 hours, 19 minutes; 5) Ed Iten, 3 days, 6 minutes; 6) Jim Lanier, 3 days, 52 minutes; 7) Cim Smyth, 3 days, 3 hours, 12 minutes; 8) Ramy Brooks, 3 days, 4 hours, 35 minutes; 9) Aaron Burmeister, 3 days, 8 hours, 49 minutes.

Into Council

10) Fred Mo Napoka, 7:28 p.m.

Into Haven

11) Conner Thomas, 10:40 a.m.; 12) Cari Miller, 2:14 p.m.; 13) Kristen Bey, 5 p.m.; 14) Jeff Darling, 10:45 a.m. Friday.

Scratched

Mike Santos, Hugh Neff

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby StarDancer » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:24 am

AAS LeaderBoard was just updated and shows Miller in Council (return) and Bey in Boston (return), but they still show Darling as being in Candle. How did ADN get the news that Darling arrived in Haven (return) at 10:45 AM Friday, but it's not on the AAS LeaderBoard? The last update for Darling is dated 2:38 PM yesterday (Saturday). Now I just realized there are TWO #13 on the LeaderBoard. The other #13, Conner Thomas, is shown as being in Boston (return). I KNOW it's very rural Alaska and news can be slow. I'm very frustrated at the LeaderBoard. I better go get another cup of tea - I seem to be grumpy! :lol:
StarDancer

Return to Mushing Talk