Comeback Kennel's Zorro-

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Comeback Kennel's Zorro-

Postby NC2AK » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:28 am

Does anyone know how Zorro is doing?

According to adn.com A snowmacne hit Lance Makey's team. See link below
http://www.adn.com/front/story/360237.html

My prayers and thoughts are with Lance, Tonya, Zorro and team!!
What a sad way to end the season!
NC2AK

Re: Comeback Kennel's Zorro-

Postby StarDancer » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:40 am

See thread titled "Oh No! Another Snow Machine Accident".
StarDancer

Re: Comeback Kennel's Zorro-

Postby NC2AK » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:15 am

Got it....I saw the thread after submitted this one........my goof up :?

When I looked initially I did not see anything about Lance or Zorro and found that odd..........since this forum is on top of the mushing news better than the "news" itself.

Something MUST be done about the snow machines during sled dog races. Seems like there should be some type of temporary restrictions along the tails for the protection of the mushers and their teams. Zorro being injured is a so sad Thank God the rest of the team and Lance were not hurt seriously. There should be ZERO tolerance for injuries caused by snowmachines to dog teams or mushers!!
NC2AK

Return to Mushing Talk