dog trucks at the beach..

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

dog trucks at the beach..

Postby tanglefoot » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:38 pm

hi all,

well this will be more than likely my last post for a week...we taking the dogs on holiday to the beach haha, well rather ems and i are going to the beach surfing for a week now he seasons done racing for us and were taking the dogs. ems has been busy whil i have been working all day moving alot of the mushing gear into the house and out the dog truck, lines, spare harnesses clothing etc etc, and making it liveable in for us to sleep in with the dogs, yup thats right were sleepin in the dog truck for a week with the dogs haha, some holiday you might say! well we have a space in there for us, and lots for the dogs, plus a petrol generator that goes outside for power for lighting, fridge and a heater. the surfboards go on top rather than the sleds, and all the gear stashed away inside!
we normaly stay with family but they are away in ,...miami!!!! of all places so cant stay with them so the dog truck it is, should be an adventure and chance to spend a week with the dogs and ems without work to worry about! and the dogs get to really stretch their legs playing on the beach and in the sea, kirra loves it!

aukfan stopped into with big steve and had lunch on way back home so i got to chew her ear off and fill her in onthe whole aass race and the goings on great to be able to enthuse with a friend and fellow sled dog fan in person!

well...time to shut up shop and tun out the lights in the pub, then head up stairs to finish packing, have a great week all! see you next weekend!!!

best wishes all keep an eye on the mushers and dogs for me, you might get a word in edge wys for a week now hahaha

tangles and ems and the furry feetxxx ^..^ xxx

p.s. aukf / team tiara..can you keep me updated with zorro news? will give you a buzz in week to catch up on his progress, thanks! xx
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Re: dog trucks at the beach..

Postby CynCyn37 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:36 pm

Have a wonderful and safe trip!! We'll miss you!
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Postby Coaster » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:14 pm

The trip sounds like fun, tangles. I hope you have a safe and fun trip.
Coaster

Postby Moose » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:57 pm

Five wet dogs in a truck, decaying fish on their breath, seaweed hanging from their tails, goo on their shoulders from rolling on jellyfish? Pew! I think I'd be pitching a tent on the beach. :lol:
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby flowerpower » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:18 pm

Sounds wonderful! Moose, is it 5 or 6? I thought Tangles had 4-Kirra, Loll, Sas and Wolfe-and Ems had 2? I find it hard to go anywhere with mine, and I only have 3! In any case, have a great time, and watch out for jellyfish!
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby Jan » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:43 pm

Tangles & Ems --- Enjoy your holiday at the beach. Post some pictures when you get back, ok?
Jan

Postby Di* » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:54 pm

Have a great "unplugged" holiday you two!

Or should I say you "6"(all two &four legs)?! :lol: :lol:
Di*

Postby fladogfan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:05 am

T & Ems, have a great time, we look forward to full reports and pics !!

Worrywart old woman talking now..........be sure generator is far enough away from truck and down wind. Too many people have been sickened/killed in Florida after hurricanes because generators too close to living areas.............OK. worrywart shutting up now :roll:

Have fun on your adventure!!
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Sady » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:07 am

Tangles and Em, have a great time on your beach vacation! Sounds like it will be a great time for you and the furbabies.
Sady

Postby tanglefoot » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:06 am

we're back!!

had a great time surfing, catching up with a few friends, long walks on the beaches witht he dogs, who we so happy as they got to watch bunny rabbits everynight behind the van, they weer obssessed! we parked up each night above a beach we surf at, got the generator going (yess down wind and away from dogs van etc) and gotsome food on the go for the dogs, hung wetsuits up watched the sun go down and the waves and chilled out. did get a bad back sleeping ont he dog truck floor but a few nights at friends down the coast with hot showers and comfy bed soon sorted that out.

got a few pics will post later, its snowed heavy here last night so off to run the dogs later on..

off to catch up on a thousand or so posts hahaha

T x
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Next

Return to Mushing Talk