Iditabuddy LIVE get together?

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Iditabuddy LIVE get together?

Postby Heidi » Thu May 15, 2008 8:54 pm

Yikes DustMusher! :( Sorry to hear about your health issues, but glad you're doing better. Now follow the doctor's orders! ;) :)

The end of June isn't looking too good for me, but I might be able to meet in the chat room. I won't know until closer to the date.

Take good care of yourself DM!
Heidi

Postby flowerpower » Thu May 15, 2008 9:02 pm

Just get better!!!! We can't afford to lose any of the texas contingent! ;) Take care of yourself first, maybe we could even plan for later in the year, something to celebrate the start of race season!
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby fladogfan » Fri May 16, 2008 1:09 pm

OUCH DustMusher, that's not a fun way to spend the spring/summer. Hope you are back to your normal self very soon and feeling even better than before. I've been looking forward (vicariously) to the Texas get together. BUT don't push yourself too soon.

I like the idea of a get together in the chat room, I miss y'all too.

Keep getting well DM ;) :)
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby deafcat » Sun May 18, 2008 9:43 pm

Yikes, Dustmusher! I was just whining about the heat here and how uncomfortable I am, but hearing about your heart attack kinda puts things in perspective ... sending good vibes your way, along with prayers for all of my Iditabuddies...
deafcat

Postby tanglefoot » Mon May 19, 2008 4:44 am

get well soon dust musher!!!!!!! sending healing husky hair covered thoughts your way xx
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Johncn » Tue May 27, 2008 8:09 am

Hey Dust,

Great idea for the get together, but sorry to hear about your heart attack. As others have said, it sure puts things in perspective. We are all real people with real challenges on the other side of the LCD screen. On the other hand, it's nice to know that virtual friends are also real. We wish you a speedy recovery.

If there is a virtual get together, I'll do my best to be there in late June.

Regards,

Johncn
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai & Confucius

John Cn
Professional Amateur
Email: john@teachers4Schools.com
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Postby tanglefoot » Wed May 28, 2008 5:47 am

same here if you have as real get together, prop up a puter screen so we can al join you at least from the cyber trail if not the real one xx
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby mithious » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:58 pm

Oh My :shock: Glad you are on the mend.....prayers from here too.....didn't I read you had Mals? If so, do you have help taking care of them? Anything we all can do to help out? I'm too far away to run by and feed the dogs.....but know you are diefinately in my prayers!!!!! And yes, please follow the doc's orders?!!! We don't want to lose ANY of our Idita-family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like John said..sure does put things into perspective, but we are all real people on the other side of the LCD screen!!!!!

Hugs, prayers, and healing vibes from Mith, Spirit, and Mith Jr.
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk