ITC SURVEY ONLINE

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

ITC SURVEY ONLINE

Postby StarDancer » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:00 pm

From the ITC: "Now that Iditarod is over, we're looking for feedback on your 2008
Iditarod website experience. What was your favorite feature? What
needs improvement? Please take ten minutes to complete our survey.
Your valuable insights will make the 2009 Iditarod website even better."
Link: http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/survey-intro.zgi?p=WEB227M73J59GX

In the spirit of all the great listers on BSSD, please keep your comments constructive rather than destructive!
StarDancer

Re: ITC SURVEY ONLINE

Postby Breeze » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:22 pm

:roll:

Star, my Momma told me many times that when I have nothing nice to say, I should just make nice, :) , and be still.

I really don't think Gere/Donovan is interested in my opinion, at least they weren't receptive in their PLANNING STAGES in January and February, so, for once, ;) , I'll follow my Momma's advice.

Breeze
Breeze

Postby mithious » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:40 am

I'm going to have to go with what Breeze said....my mom taught me the same thing :D :shock: :mrgreen: Here's to keeping my thoughts to myself :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby CynCyn37 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:23 pm

Gee, I wish I had remembered my momma's advice before I posted a couple of times on the 'other' board!!

BUT, I did go to the survey, and they don't really structure it in a way that allows for much criticism. Imagine that! Very controlled survey. Looking for pats on the back! OK I'll try to remember what my mom taught me from now on. hehe

Unless someone messes with my buds, then the typing claws come OUT!!!
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Postby flowerpower » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:56 pm

I thought it was structured more to get an idea of what people would pay for and what they won't...call me cynical! :mrgreen:
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby mira » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:22 pm

I'm really not sure what they want to get out of this survey. But maybe it's all about the money (it usually is ;)
If they wonder which page is most popular, they should (and probably do) use statistics of usage.

Breeze wrote:I really don't think Gere/Donovan is interested in my opinion, at least they weren't receptive in their PLANNING STAGES in January and February, so, for once, ;) , I'll follow my Momma's advice.

I really don't agree with you on this one, but it's your choice :D

Of course, if you just can't keep it constructive.. but then, that's seldom a problem when the survey is of the type from 1-5 how pleased are you with 'insert-something-here'.

By answering the survey you have no guarantee that they agree with you or do changes according to your input. If you do not answer though, you are guaranteed that they won't :) This isn't your friend asking if her new dress looks fine...

Websites, in general, are dependent on their users, and many of the owners do know this. Higher usage rate means more pleased advertisers (or sponsors if you like :)). For many websites, disappointed users would be a big problem because they can just move on to another place, and they actually needs to listen to their users, both good and bad comments. Sites like iditarod.com are lucky because they will always have users stopping by to check for the results. Even though you can get most of the news by reading here, someone must fetch the current standing from them.. And they seems to be aware of that, unfortunately. But, I think that ITC will suffer if they continue what they 'started' on this year. A friend of mine visited iditarod.com just once or twice during the iditarod, but she got all the standings and results from me, since she didn't want to sign up for the newsletter and couldn't get the flashmap working. If many starts to do things like this, one goes to website and share the result with ten others (or something), even ITC will have to do something.

So, no reason to not give them input when they ask for it.. (Yes, I know many of you have tried, and is tired of not beeing heard, but don't skip the survey just to be nice).

And now, I will stop my rant (sorry, I guess this is waaay longer than anyone wanted ;) )
mira

Postby MotorWerk » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:22 am

I did the survey. I also emailed them, giving my opinions on what they can do better.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Return to Mushing Talk