Northwapiti Chat

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Northwapiti Chat

Postby Moose » Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:45 pm

Sorry if I've overlooked it, but I can't find the link inviting folks to the chat with Karen last night.

I just wanted to say what a great TWO HOURS! it was. Karen, thanks for taking such a chunk of time from a busy day to spend with your fans here at the BSSD forum. I hope you enjoyed it even half as much as we did! It's wonderful to find that folks we THINK are decent, caring, down-to-earth, witty and charming really ARE all those things! :D It was a pleasure to meet you and chat the night away.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Re: Northwapiti Chat

Postby Di* » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Hi Moose,
You can't find it because it doesn't exist any more! Once a chat is finished we take down the announcement for the chat. Helps with confusion or at least that was the intent! :lol: (The chat room link will always be there)

Glad you enjoyed the chat I did too, Karen was more than generous with us I thought :D .
Di*

Postby aren » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:16 pm

I would have liked to join you all, but the time was all wrong for us norskis. 7pm CET is 3am norsk time :( :(
Anyone who care to post the highlights from the chat on the forum :?: :?: :?:
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

Postby northwapiti » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:15 am

Thank you all for your kind words. I had a good time too! :)

Karen
northwapiti

Postby flowerpower » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:33 am

I am sorry I missed it! We were out of town and didn't get home until late. :cry:
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:47 am

missed it too, 2am our time and was knackered out, thansk karen for dropping by to chat to the others bet it was fantastic! :D
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby emwcee » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:45 am

It was awesome. Thanks, so much, Karen for taking your time to talk with us, and than you, moderators, for setting this up. I felt like we were all sitting around in a comfortable living room sharing good conversation.
emwcee

Postby mithious » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:43 am

Awwwww I missed it too...so much to do lately, and so much healing to do also :cry:

You all are right though....Karen is an AWESOME person and an even more awesome dog person..... :D :D :D :D Even though I haven't been able to be around much lately, HUGE thanks to you Karen for ALL you've done for us here....YOU ROCK!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby Di* » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:43 pm

Hi Mith good to see you back :)

I also wanted to mention that Karen and Rick's "Ask the Musher" threads are over in the Follow That Musher page, in their entirety for those who missed them or may want to reread them!

:) Enjoy!
Di*

Postby aren » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:53 pm

Thanks Di, was wondering where they had gone. It's the kind of threads that can be read over and over again. Still wish I could have joined you all in the chat :(

Hi there Mith :) So good to see you posting again. Take good care of yourself and get well soooon ;) ;)
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

Next

Return to Mushing Talk