Northwapiti Chat

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Northwapiti Chat

Postby StarDancer » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:11 pm

Today's story on NorthWapitiNews continues the "Full Moon" story of her pants.....
This time there is FIRE involved! Go join NWN to get the hilarious story!
StarDancer

Postby Moose » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:43 pm

Stardancer, would you provide a link for those of us who might have missed an earlier one? Thanks. ;)
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby StarDancer » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:09 pm

North Wapiti News is Karen's list on Yahoo groups. You have to join to get the stories. I will email Karen and ask for her permission to post the stories to this thread.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NorthWapitiNews/
StarDancer

Postby Moose » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:52 pm

Thanks, StarD. I was just asking for the link to Karen's group where one might find the stories. I think someone (was it you?) shared it in chat the other night, but it passed by the screen so quickly I missed it. Thanks for providing it here.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby fladogfan » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:02 pm

Moose, find Heidi's info thread, it's toward bottom of this page, she has Karen's kennel along with several others. Just used that thread to find Karen's stories. The rocks in the pants :shock: :o :shock: holy cow AND the pants on fire YIKES :(
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby northwapiti » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:10 am

StarDancer,

Indeed you have my permission to post the diary entries here. Or you can go to our website http://www.northwapiti.com and find them under 'Karen's Diary' http://www.northwapiti.com/training.html Sometimes they take a few days to make it from the list to the website, but they always eventually make it there!

Hope you all enjoy!
Karen
northwapiti

Postby tanglefoot » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:13 am

been having an iditamorning this morning catching up on folks site post race, and i have to say karen you have the best trail stories out ,...period!! have have been laughing and giggling at rocks in pants, holes in pants, pants dragged over rocks before being burnt etc etc ...brilliant! someone should sponsor you with trail pants and send bundles to each checkpoint for you,,im glad you didnt through them away! i have an old pair of climbing shoes hung up on a wall that had many adventures with me over the years..couldnt bring myselft o ever through them away either dispite their now sorry state, every time i see them hung up their i smile at some past adventure...keep them pants forever, they will sure make you smile in years to come!!!

go karen go!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby northwapiti » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:17 am

I thought you also might enjoy my Picassa photo album http://picasaweb.google.com/northwapiti
It is very much a glimpse into many aspects of my life - most revolving around DOGS! :)
northwapiti

Postby tanglefoot » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:22 am

will have to go take a look, thanks !!! how was mark about you cutting off the ring have you had it repaired and back on?
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby northwapiti » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:41 am

Actually, it wasn't my wedding ring. It was a sterling silver ring with a dog team on it that I wore on my right hand. Because of the wrapping, the vets were able to remove it without cutting it. It is intact, albiet with some dents from the attempts to cut it off, but my finger is still too swollen to get it back on.

Karen
northwapiti

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk