lances new toy!

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

lances new toy!

Postby tanglefoot » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:47 am

check out lances new toy...so anch chrysler dodge said you can have anything lance when he won the truck...well looks like lance took them up on the offer!!

http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=8139214

go to lances new toy in the top right corner in the video window...you might just be surprised....and hopefulyl as stoked for lance as i was when i saw it!!!

go lance go!!! vvvvvvVVVVVVvvvrrrrrrrrroooooooooommMMMMMmmmmm!

you'll see what i mean!

bet the only dog that goes in this one is zorro!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Re: lances new toy!

Postby tanglefoot » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:49 am

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- If you think Iditarod and Yukon Quest champ Lance Mackey is fast on the trail just wait until you see what's he's about to take to the streets.

"I have always wanted a nice car or a hot rod," he said. "This falls into that category."

Mackey says the unique and extraordinary sports car he's picked out fits perfectly with his unique and extraordinary mushing career.

Just as he did last year, Mackey won a big Dodge truck from Anchorage Chrysler Dodge for his Iditarod victory.

This time, he decided to trade it in for something sportier: a limited-edition Dodge Charger called the Super Bee.

He says owning a car like this is a dream come true.

"I am going to be proud to drive this car around," Mackey said. "People will recognize me in it just like they would if I was in a Dodge truck -- but maybe as a blur as I go by."

Mackey says he has never had a speeding ticket but won't comment on whether any may be in his future.

The Iditarod champion says it will never leave a paved road and will be stored in a heated garage.
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby emwcee » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:22 am

Um . . . I guess I'm ever the practical one. I keep trying to picture it on snowy streets . . . Isn't it a rear wheel drive?
emwcee

Postby Moose » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:53 am

My thoughts, too, emwcee. I suspect that hot little car will spend more time in the heated garage than on the roads. But good for him. Everyone needs a hot little car in their lives at one time or another.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby flowerpower » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:09 am

I had to giggle...........I dated a guy in high school (many many many years ago) who drove one of those. It was bright yellow and LOUD! You could hear him coming at least 2 miles away. I remember one night he kept driving by my house (pretty late at night-wasn't high school silly :D ) keeping my dad awake, so my dad jumped in his Cadilac -in his boxer shorts-with his shotgun and took off after him. Fortunately, SuperBee boy saw him coming and the Caddy never had a chance, but I was mortified for weeks! :shock: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Return to Mushing Talk