Alaska Vacation. . .

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Alaska Vacation. . .

Postby fladogfan » Thu May 29, 2008 2:36 am

Here's hoping the law helps you.
They sound like very sick, mean, selfish people. :evil: :evil:
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby NC2AK » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:55 pm

Some replies asked for an update on our trip......and......the trip to AK was fabulous. Words cannot articulate the beauty and size....God's creation at it's finest!! We got to meet Lance Mackey and even went out to his home and visited with Zorro for a couple hours. Zorro looks really good and seems to be very happy being back in the dog yard and back with his buddies.

Below are links to some of our 2000+_ photos taken during our 2 week stay....I will not bore you with all of them:)). I am still working on getting all of them organized in iPhoto.
Denali-Nenana River-White Water Rafting-What a blast!!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 1140488017

Ketchican-Float plane beautiful!!!

Glacier-Mushing-Our musher was Cindy and she was a handler for Ken Anderson during the Yukon Quest 2008.

Flowers

We would love to visit again some day.
NC2AK

Postby flowerpower » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:07 pm

Awesome pics! Thank you for sharing! Did you happen to get some of Lance and Zorro? I am :mrgreen: with envy! Looks like you had an incredible trip. :D :D
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby NC2AK » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:22 pm

I did get a few of Lance, Zorro and my husband ...tried to post the pic and it did not work....Need to figure out how to post a single picture.
NC2AK

Postby NC2AK » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:52 pm

Flowerpower-
Here is a link to the few pics we took. When I tried to load them I received an error message the file was too big...so I quickly created this new album. We were more focused on playing with the dogs and talking with Lance......I regret we only have a few. Lance was so nice and incredibly humble.

NC2AK

Postby Moose » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:11 am

Wonderful photos, NC. Thanks for sharing with your :mrgreen: Iditabuds here! I hope you left a trail of breadcrumbs for the rest of us. It looks like you planned and had the most awesome adventure. The contrast in color between the glacier and flower pics was huge!
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby flowerpower » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:56 am

Thank you, those are great pictures! Did you get to see any of the pups? Any word on Mrs. Mackey being on Wife Swap? Not that I am obsessed with Lance or anything.... :oops: :oops:
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby MelanieGouldFanBrian » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:23 am

Hey NC: GREAT photos. Wasn't landing on a Glacier just the coolest thing. I didn't do the helicopter, I landed on Pika Glacier near Denali in a 1943 Dehaviland Beaver ski plane. Besides going to the ceremonial start for the Iditarod in 2006, landing on the glacier was by far the neatest thing I did. My God I Miss Alaska!
MGF Brian
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot, for the places and people you're lucky you're not."
Dr. Seuss
MelanieGouldFanBrian

Postby NC2AK » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:01 am

Flowerpower- We did get to see puppies when we went to see Lance. There were 3 or 4 different liters....all adorable. We were told when we went on the helicopter ride to Mendenhall glacier the puppies up there at the dog camp were thought to be Zorro's. If you look at the link fro Mendenahall you will see the puppies. One with my husband is snow white and had the most beautiful crystal blue eyes I have ever seen.

In regards to Tonya ebing on wife swap....I can not answe tt one...I have no idea...did not know she may be on it. She was in town at work while we were there so we did not get to meet her. We did meet Cain and he seems to be a very kind young man.
NC2AK

Postby flowerpower » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:10 pm

Guess we have to wait and see on the wife swapping!

That Zorro sure gets around, doesn't he! ;)
flowerpower

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk