Our fury friends

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Our fury friends

Postby Moose » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:13 pm

They're Chinooks, Sady, "a rare breed of inbred crossbreds"! ;) And thanks for your concern for Tenny. She had three weird little events in our vet's parking lot, then a full-blown seizure at a nearby trail. It seems the excitement of arriving at a destination has become too much for her. It's so sad because she is an absolute demon in harness! She's got incredible drive and focus.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby emwcee » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:44 pm

Well, since you didn't specify only dog pics, here goes:

This is Sally, our long-haired cat with an attitude. She runs to the door when she hears the doorbell, does tricks, and has a very expressive face.

This is Mary, her sister. She is very affectionate and loving towards our family, but hates everyone else, including the other cats. I am constantly removing her from my favorite chair.

This is Misty, our youngest kitty. All cuteness and affection, but has that typical cat attitude.

To see a video of our cats doing "tricks" see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzqDEIPrj_Q
emwcee

Postby flowerpower » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:53 pm

I really like Mary! I have special fondness for black cats-I had one some years ago named Snavely. I adopted her from a mentally retarded girl at the school I was working at, and she always had "attitude". When my kids were little and having a tantrum she would come and sit on their chest and growl at them-she never did anything, but inevitably they would get very quiet and say "mommy come get the cat off me!" She was much more effective at stopping the tantrums than I was-she never did it if they were really hurt or sick, she always seemed to know the difference! I still miss her!
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby MotorWerk » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:09 am

I had a completely black cat once too. He was called Pepper. He used to stomp spiders.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:52 am

wolef likes black cats! but he cant eat a whole one! only joking, he is very cautious of cats as in his old home he would get beaten up by it and the only person or thing he would get off the sofa he was guarding for!
before we rescued him he was governed by their cat! wolfe was NOT boss in that household! hee hee
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby fladogfan » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:13 am

The first cat I ever had was a black cat cleverly named INKY :D
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby aren » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:21 pm

emwcee wrote:Well, since you didn't specify only dog pics, here goes:

You are absolutely right, I didn't specify dog pics only ;) The thread is named "Our fury friends".... meaning all kinds of furbabies.
Btw, your cats looks lovely.

tanglefoot wrote:wolef likes black cats! but he cant eat a whole one! only joking, he is very cautious of cats as in his old home he would get beaten up by it and the only person or thing he would get off the sofa he was guarding for!
before we rescued him he was governed by their cat! wolfe was NOT boss in that household! hee hee

wolfey, be a good lad and skip the "20 razorsharp claws" dinner. Have a look at the meny from the Bathurst arms instead, I am sure you can find a tasty dish of your liking there ;) :lol:
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk