Our fury friends

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: Our fury friends

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:44 am

rigs waiting to go....80 lined up at the first dryland race of the season!

rigs at thruxton.jpeg

the dogs all wanted to try out the new boxes!!!

DSC00318.jpeg

my 'thorough bred' ex race horse 'city standard' son of rainbow quest out of city fortress. city for short, 16.3 dark bay, gelding.

his cousin is musher kim franklins very successful horse 'halcon generlardias' who won the welsh national, 4th in the cheltenham gold cup and 2nd in the scottish national last weekend...and paid for kims iditarod last year, and hopefully will have won enough for her to go back out again next year to try and get to nome!

DSC00380.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby tilstede » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:20 am

Nice pics everyone! Keep them coming :-)
tilstede

Postby BB Backer » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:19 pm

I finally figured out how to change my avatar to a picture of my pooches. :lol: I'm a golden girl....golden retriever girl. :lol: I've had goldens most of my life. My old guy, shown here, is turning 8 this month, but he's still quite an athlete. I do agility with my dogs, so I thought I'd post a few pictures. The puppy is just starting out in the sport, and is a natural.

I'm enjoying everyone's photos. :D Who's next to share their pics? :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
BB Backer

Postby CynCyn37 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:05 pm

How lovely!

I'm a Golden Girl too! She picked me at a mobile pet adoption. Literally....I was looking at the cats, bent down, and she walked up and put her head in my lap!! 11 1/2 years later, we are still best buds. She's getting a little stiff and sore, but still manages to romp and play!!!

I had the BEST pic of her on my sprint phone. I emailed it to myself thinking that would save it, but it didn't. The email is there, the pics are GONE!!!
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Postby fladogfan » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:27 am

I love the white faces on the golden oldies.

And their young, happy hearts show very well on those happy, smiling faces. :D
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby BB Backer » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:46 am

Cyn Cyn - your golden picking you sounds about right. :D :D They have a special knack for worming their way into our lives and hearts. I remember when my guy picked me. I had absolutely no intention of getting a puppy. I had the perfect dog already at home. :D I was just there to help a friend pick one out. I was sitting on the ground looking at the other puppies when this big ball of fluff came up behind me and wiggled his way under my arm and plopped into my lap. :D And that was that! :D He has been my true blue companion ever since. The older and whiter his face gets, the more I adore him. I don't think I could survive without at least one golden in my life. Having two is even better. ;)
When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
BB Backer

Postby Di* » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:33 pm

Oh BB those goldens of yours are so sweet! I just got a golden pup this summer and he is quite the sweetheart!
I'll have to brush him out nice and take his picture one day! :D
Di*

Postby aren » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:42 pm

Great pics tangles, it sure looks like the pups enjoy their new box, but it doesn't look like you need more than one :lol: :lol:

BB, those golden pics are lovely, your old guy really seems to enjoy himself. Goldens in general are lovely dogs and I really understand your devotion to the breed.
I especially enjoy seeing the deep golden coat color that many american goldens have.... so beautifull :D
aren

BSSD team, you rock !!
aren

Postby Moose » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:46 pm

If this works, here's Frankie pulling our grandson on Sebago Lake. Snowboard-joring?! Frankie is the brains of my little rec team.

It worked! So this is Fae. She's the team engine. She'll run forever.

It's a long time until Christmas, but I love this pic of "Tenny Claus" laying a big one on our grandson's cheek. I don't run Tenny anymore, since her seizure at a favorite trail head. But no one makes us smile more than she does. We call her our Pretty Idiot!

Next up is my sweet Baboo. And she is v-e-r-y sweet indeed.

Last but not least is Mendoza. He's the only boy here now. He just became a first-time grandfather to a litter of ten pups. Does he look proud or what?

Tenny, Baboo, and Mendoza are all cousins. Frankie and Fae are their aunties. It's just one big hairy--oops, I mean one big happy family! (And feel free to re-size, Mods. I won't be offended in the least. ;) )
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby Sady » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:46 pm

Beautiful dogs, Backer and Moose!

Moose, what breed of dogs are yours? Sorry to hear about the seizure.
Sady

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk