OT - Jellybean Adventure

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

OT - Jellybean Adventure

Postby Jan » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:59 am

Here's a little something that some of you might find interesting........ On another forum I belong to, a mom posted about her 6 year old's school project -- they've made "jellybean" characters & this one little girl is trying to send hers on visits around the world.....

"My owner has sent me on a worldwide adventure and asking everyone who participate to help her document it. It can be about my experience, points of interest or an adventure I did. Maybe you could even send or email a picture to her so she could track my adventure with her class in a scrapbook. I than am onto another adventure and she is learning about the world, map skills, history, events, etc."

She has posted a picture of the jellybean that can be printed (it's waay cute!), taken on an adventure & then post the adventures/pictures back on her blog or email to the mom. It sounded like a cute project to me, so "Jelly" is going to go out on a horse ride here in Idaho.

If any of you might be interested in helping "Jelly" the jellybean with some cool adventures, here's a link to her blog ---

http://myjellybeanadventure.blogspot.com/

Jan
Jan

Re: OT - Jellybean Adventure

Postby MotorWerk » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:22 am

Hey, that is pretty cool. And it reminds me a wee bit of that garden gnome who travelled the world sending snaps back to its owner before mysteriously reappearing in the garden again.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Re: OT - Jellybean Adventure

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:08 am

how cool....will see what we can do on our next adventure!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Return to Mushing Talk