HELLO FROM THE LONG LOST MITH

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: HELLO FROM THE LONG LOST MITH

Postby mithious » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:08 pm

Di* wrote:Well said Motor. Cyn, I'm so very sorry for your loss :( . I pray that you will be comforted by the memories you shared. Mourning the loss of someone so close to your heart isn't easy so be sure to take care of yourself, you will make it through these tough days...

Mith, are you floating yet? We got a little window of time to mow the grass this evening but looks like we are in for a lot more rain tomorrow! I'm going up the shore of Lake Superior for a few days of R&R so am looking forward to that. Don't care what the weather is, I just love watching the waves of that mighty lake! :)

Oh Cyn.....so very sorry for your loss!!!! We are praying for you here and sending healing vibes!!!!!! Ya, me too....I always start jonesing for the race about this time of year....LONG wait from now :shock: ;)

Ya Di...ROFL....got out the canoe to get the groceries....just kiddin :lol: :lol: :lol: Supposed to be a bad one tonight too :shock: an inch plus and hour ALL nite :shock: :shock:
They just put up a tornado watch for southern MN, twin cites and south.....poor Dilli is getting lambasted too :shock: :shock: :shock: Alol this stuff comes from her way!!!! Well usually misses her, but not this year.....radar is looking really bad right now!!! Stay safe up there Di!!!!!

Oh goodie for you :D :D :D ....I never got the chance to get out on the lake before the accident, but sure did love swimming, fishing from the shore, and just sitting and absorbing all that beauty and quiet peace watching the waves hit the shore :D :D :D .....Mith Jr. used to find all kinds of agates along the shore and has a gallon zip bag FULL of the smaller but still beautiful ones!!!!! Most didn't even need polishing as the lake had already done that :D :D :D

Hope you have a ball!!!!! and maybe the weather will co-operate for you ;) ;)

Hi Motor...how goes things in your "neck of the woods" ? :D :D :D

Hi Tangles and Ems :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:06 am

had a long chat with mith last night on the phone...how cool! mith your amazing and your mushing story about gettin' air in the pitch black with your head lamp gone off the 6 foot snow bank...fantastic!

its great to be able to chat to some of the iditabuddies on the phone, even though its from the uk and cant sit down over a cool beer..maybe soon... recon if the live meet up comes off we need ot get the folks who cant make it to ring in from where ever they are and join in for a few minutes, id be up for it! :)

the dogs all sang for mith and i heard mr spirit woofing inthe back ground yipeeeeeeeeeee :D :) :) :) :D :) :D
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Moose » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:32 pm

Am I the only pitiful soul sitting alone in front of her computer on a Friday evening, looking for someone to chat with? (I need a life.) :shock:

Is there anyone out there who wants to talk about the weather? Dogs? How about The Race? Your favorite ice cream flavor? Hockey? Is there another hockey game we can talk about? The torture of mosquitoes and black flies? New shoes? The price of gasoline? Summer vacation plans? To breed or not to breed? Dog/cat/horse food? Jimmy Buffett? James Taylor? Greenpeace? Big Foot?

Hello? Is anyone out there? Where is everyone? What are you doing tonight? Where are yooooou?!

:| Huh.

Well, you missed a heck of a conversation. That's all I can say. ;)
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby flowerpower » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:16 pm

Hey Moose, My exciting Friday night consisted of buying new filters for the AC. I did get to go eat at our local seafood joint. Yum!!1
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby flowerpower » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:17 pm

Oh and I got an ice cream on the way home. Mocha with walnuts! Also Yum! Ice cream is good when it is still 85 degrees at 10:20 pm.
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby mithious » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:09 pm

Moose wrote:Am I the only pitiful soul sitting alone in front of her computer on a Friday evening, looking for someone to chat with? (I need a life.) :shock:

Is there anyone out there who wants to talk about the weather? Dogs? How about The Race? Your favorite ice cream flavor? Hockey? Is there another hockey game we can talk about? The torture of mosquitoes and black flies? New shoes? The price of gasoline? Summer vacation plans? To breed or not to breed? Dog/cat/horse food? Jimmy Buffett? James Taylor? Greenpeace? Big Foot?

Hello? Is anyone out there? Where is everyone? What are you doing tonight? Where are yooooou?!

:| Huh.

Well, you missed a heck of a conversation. That's all I can say. ;)

Oh Moose...so sorry to have missed such an exciting conversation :shock: ;) :D Went to bed failrly early....not much up on the nite life anymore ;) :D So, how's the weather over there? and the dogs? buy any new shoes lately? how bout that price of gasoline? outrageous isn't it? Are you thinking of breeding? Mabe adding a few to the kennel and the gangline? Never saw a bigfoot myself, so not sure I believe they exist...but you never know...LOl :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Bet the black flies are horrendous this year in Maine!!!! :shock: Is it race time yet? Definately Rocky Road for sure!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D

HUGE HUGS :D :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby emwcee » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:49 pm

Mith, it's great to have you back! We look forward to many good posts from you.

Tangles, do you use an internet phone? Is there a way we can all conference call? At any rate, we do need to arrange a meeting in the chatroom. I have June 28 marked on my calendar. Should we meet during or after the picnic? So far the date is free, but it's a Saturday and things often come up.

Moose, sorry you couldn't find anyone to chat with. I actually was at a barbecue that night -- on one of the few nice evenings we've had here lately. I enjoyed hamburgers, salads, chips, walking through the somewhat damp fields and roasting marshmallows by the fire while the sun painted a beautiful picture as it set in the west.

This is storm season here, and we've had lots of thunderstorms, hail and even tornadoes in our area. It seems nearly every night there are warnings of some sort. They even blew the sirens on Wednesday to warn everyone of a tornado, but I was in the grocery store and didn't even hear it. It turned out that there was really no danger after all. It's said that our city doesn't get tornadoes because we're in a valley, even though they hit the small towns all around. Time will tell if that's true.

Sorry, I don't follow hockey. I don't follow too many sports except the Iditarod, Nebraska football and the Olympics. Do you think sled dog racing will ever be an Olympic sport?
emwcee

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:45 am

aww if id been awake id have chatted, it was middle of the night here in england.

i dont use an internet phone, could do with getting one tho, mith sent me a thingy on scype..not sure how that works or if my acient computer will run it with the limited amoun of space left on the hard drive form years of collecting junk on it...should probably clean it up for once haha. it wont defragment anymore for some reason! oh well..

gas here.......dont even think about it...its now over £6 a gallon - $12.50 a gallon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! most of europe os striking, france, portugal, spain, and ou truckers are on strike from today till tuesday, but thats over a pay deal with shell who are making massive profits but not paying truckers enough.....boycot shell!!!

freinds truck business is dangerously close to going otu fo business, a local garage has closed cause the cars they sell are going to be so highly taxed as of next year no one wants to buy them, 3 local estate agents have gone bust cause no one can afford to buy houses, some farmer friends were saying they cant afford to harvest the grain as they cant afford the fuel to put in the combines at $4000 a day to run them! this country is going into a resession. the fuel is now so high ( and due to go up even more) that folks cant afford to go anywhere, car useage is down 20% apparently , which is good for the enviroment i suppose.

we cant afford to buy fuel, and employers wont put up wages as they ned th emoney for their own companies increased fuel costs... just wished it would snow more often or be colder so i could at least use my dogs to get about, the dog truck is hardly being used unless we really have to as we cant afford the diesel to put in it...and the govenment who is making an extra £125 million profit a week on fuel due tot he rise in costs of fuel at the pumps, want to put another 2P tax per litre in 3 months time to make even moreand our drip of a prime minister wont back down on the tax rise because hes scared of loosing face with his fellow MP's....well if he wants to stay in power he'll have to drop it or the country will revolt and get him out quick sharp!!!

rant over on fuel.............hee hee.

ahhhhh thats better how is everyone anyway.

i hear theres some larry (lances lead dog) appriciation society patches left that sadria is selling available..$10 each and they look amazing! i have bought 4, it hink she has sold 100 out of an order of 200 so they are going quick!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk