HELLO FROM THE LONG LOST MITH

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: HELLO FROM THE LONG LOST MITH

Postby MotorWerk » Sat May 31, 2008 4:01 pm

A slobbery kiss... I guess it's better than no kiss at all...
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby mithious » Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:23 am

Oh Motor..... :D the slobbery kiss was from Spirit, regular kisses from me :D :D :D

I have some picture frames I picked up from a yard sale for $2.00....about 10 of them, all different sizes.....I'm going to frame my comic with part of your addy from Norway in it...my PCA is VERY crafty and does stuff like that.....she adds all kinds of neat decorations to the things I frame to personalize them.....it'll be awesome once she's done with it....she did some of my "first hair cut" and it came out gorgeous, and also the bootie and things Tangles and Ems sent from the UK.....they both came out so beautiful and I will have them all safe and protected and on display on my walls......I have one wall for all my special framed items!!!!! Thank you again...I was sooo tickled to get a package from Norway, and from you......that was soooooooooooooooo thoughtful, brought a tear!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D You're precious!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Di, I know I lost 4 sage plants in that frost...luckily Wally world had some cause everyone else was sold out.....not the greatest plants, but atleast I could replace them.....these storms are really bad, and the weather sooooo weird....those poor families in Hugo....my heart goes out to that family that lost the little boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are supposed to have them monday through friday afternoon......everyday for a week :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

We were under a tornado watch for a while last night...the hail just barely missed us....just 10 miles south of us...thank goodness.....all that planting....last year I lost alot of plants in golf ball size hail :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: We don't have weather like this in Maine, so this has been a learning experience for us since we moved here!!!!!! I have to container plant everything because the townhomes won't let us plant in the ground. I'm going to get brave next year and try those hanging strawberries...I love them, but so don't the many birds that live right outside my door in the 5 fur trees....so it'll be interesting to see who get's to them first....that is if they actually grow? I've never tried the hanging vegetable/fruits before........should be interesting to see how hard of a fight it is to have a fight for the berries between me and the birds ROFH :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How's the weather in Maine Moose? I'm coing home next June for my parents 50th aniversary, my sister...who I haven't talked to in over 20 years, called and her and my kids are all pitching in and getting our plane tickets for us......it will be 7 years since we have been back home....will be there hopefully for 10 days, so if you want, we should try to get together......I am going to check into seeing if they rent handicapped equiped cars.....so if we can, we could take a half day or so and drive up and visit with you and Breeze..... :D :D :D

The kids said they'd get the car if they have one? and I will be sleeping in the barn...ROFH.....can't get in anyones house unless my two big strong boys are there and they have to work......atleast it'll be the end of June first of July, so the bugs shouldn't be too bad...teee heeee :lol: :lol: :lol: another Mith adventure...ROFH

Speaking of adventures...I haven't been on the Idiarod site....anyone know if Chas St. George followed through and put up the info about handicapped accessability on their website like he promised? It HAS been 4 months!!!!!!

Well, hope everyone has a wonderful, beautiful day, love you all bunches and bunches.....sooooo nice to be back!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby Breeze » Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:34 pm

((((((((((( Mith))))))))))!!!!!!

Welcome Back!!!!!!!

Next time you go to AK, don't be telling your computer, it was MAD AT YOU and locked you out on purpose!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Next June! HMMMMM Where do your parent's live ( town ) ?????? Are they in Southern Maine?

Our weather is being quite pokey to "settle" this spring, cold here at night which is why my window boxes are still sitting inside the back porch. We've been having a series of fast moving fronts go thru with VERY LITTLE RAIN, but lots and lots of wind, fire danger has been a big concern.

Do try the hanging pots. If you go to a big enough pot size you can do a simple Salad in one pot-- a cherry tomato plant and a couple of leaf lettuce ( Oak Leaf and Red Oak leaf are pretty). You can ( I'm sure you already know this) grow lettuce plants to harvest-able size, then slice or snip above the growing point and it will regrow. also can just harvest leaves from the outside and let the centers keep producing.

I will do ( this week or next, when I'm reasonably sure nights are out of the 30's ) some BIG standing pots with Roma Tomato, basil, cilantro, parsley and lettuce.

I'd love to re-open my former market garden space, get a neighbor to come in with his honking big tiller and chew it up, but I have former Horse Pasture here, and the grass I have is all very invasive stuff. I can't battle with it anymore. I should probably just let it grow to hay and let the neighbor bale it for horse hay. Would beat mowing weekly!

Hugs to ya Mith from me,

Lubs and lickies to Spirit from the 4legged Breeze, too.
Breeze

Postby Moose » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:49 pm

We should definitely get together, Mith! I'd be honored to play a small role in the next chapter of The Further Adventures of Mith and Spirit, a chapter entitled "You CAN Go Home Again". And I'd be happy to do the driving. 8-) So let's plan on it. We may have to drive up the Mount Washington Auto Road to get a glimpse of Breeze, but I'm game. ;)
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby mithious » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:32 pm

Hi Beeze :D :D :D Hi Moose :D :D :D

yup....Portland area....only 45 minutes from Bridgton :D :D :D Since the kids have volunteered to rent the car...I can drive and we can for sure climb the mountain road to see Breeze :D :D :D I still have to check into the car rental, but my PCA said most cities do have the equiped cars for rent :D :D :D

Yes Breeze....I used to cold frame lettuce all winter :D :D :D I hope to next year to a container herb garden...saw a set up on the news that looks doable with the townhome rules here :D :D :D

Funny Moose...the next adventure chapter :D :D :D I am soooooooooo looking forward to coming home for a visit.......I miss Maine sooooo much!!!!!

Breeze..from what I here...horse hay is pretty pricey...might be worth it ;) :D :idea:

Goodness....when I left Maine we had all we could do to get enough snow to hold the races :shock: :shock: :shock: Sounds like the old time weather has, atleast temporarily, returned :shock: 8-) :D :D

I think you're right, my puter got jealous..teeee heee!!!!! I don't see a "next trip" to AK though.......that was a one time thing.....I sure couldn't afford it on my own.....and the org that sponsored me was a one time thing too....

I'm here with you all for the race :D :D :D ....

Love you both VERY much and hugs from me and slobbery kisses from Spirit to all your 4 leggeds Breeze and the kennel Moose too :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby CynCyn37 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:11 pm

Hey Mith :P :P :P and all!!!
Sorry I am just responding. Had a heartbreak this past week. A man who was as close as my father had surgery and suffered a heart attack and passed away Thursday. It has been tough, but we are dealing with it as best we can. He was only 68.

So glad you are back on the 'puter! Can't wait for racing season again!!!

Luv to you all!
CynCyn
CynCyn37

Skype ID: CynCyn37

Postby MotorWerk » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:15 am

I'm sorry for your loss cyncyn and hope you have lots of people around to comfort you.
Life, and death, is sometimes hard to fathom.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby Di* » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:34 pm

Well said Motor. Cyn, I'm so very sorry for your loss :( . I pray that you will be comforted by the memories you shared. Mourning the loss of someone so close to your heart isn't easy so be sure to take care of yourself, you will make it through these tough days...

Mith, are you floating yet? We got a little window of time to mow the grass this evening but looks like we are in for a lot more rain tomorrow! I'm going up the shore of Lake Superior for a few days of R&R so am looking forward to that. Don't care what the weather is, I just love watching the waves of that mighty lake! :)
Di*

Postby Heidi » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:47 am

So sorry for your loss cyn cyn. 68 is too young to die. I hope you're comforted by the special memories you have of him.

Mith, it's good to see you back here. :)
Heidi

Postby tanglefoot » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:21 am

hi di, i went to the lakes a few years back, to fish creek on michigan, wisc. couldnt believe theyu get surf up there and decent size too!

have fun

cyn cyn sorry to hear about your loss. keep strong!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk