CHAT/TRIVIA April 2nd-1PMAT,2PT,3MT,4CT,5ET,10UK,11NO

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: CHAT & CONTEST Sat. 7/26/08 @ 12AT,1PT,2MT,3CT,4ET,9UK,10NO

Postby fladogfan » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:48 am

Neat idea Heidi, I plan to be there but will most likely be late, have bell practice Sat. afternoons, don't get home til about 5. So keep on chatting :lol:
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby mithious » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:46 pm

Oh whoopppiiieeee what an awesome idea Heidi :D :D :D

Oh and decided to put this here hoping that Sarida...and whom ever did this can see it.....

HUGE THANK YOUS FOR THE LARRY PATCH :D :D :D :D :D

I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT....I SAW THE RETURN ADDRESS AND RIPPED THE ENVELOPE OPEN...AND MUCH TO MY SURPRISE :shock: :D :shock: THERE WAS MY PATCH....THANKS TO A SECRET ADMIRER? AWWWWW YOU ALL ARE JUST SOOO SPECIAL...I CAN'T SAY THANK YOU ENOUGH AND WILL DEFINATELY HAVE A PIC UP ONCE I SEW IT ON....HAVEN'T DECIDED WHAT TO SEW IT TO YET, WILL EITHER BE SPIRIT'S HARNESS...HAVE TO CHECK IF I CAN FIRST...OR ONE OF MY POLAR FLEESES... :D :D :D

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby Heidi » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:42 pm

fladogfan wrote:...I plan to be there but will most likely be late, have bell practice Sat. afternoons, don't get home til about 5. So keep on chatting :lol:

Haha! Okay fdf, I'll try to push it to quarter after, but ring those bells fast! ;) :lol:

Mith, how sweet of someone to do that for you. Thank you to the secret "Santa". It's like Christmas in July! :D :D
Heidi

Postby Moose » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:48 am

I had such a good time last month, and sure hope I can join in tomorrow. Some dog friends are popping by this weekend. Which day depends on the weather. We've had so much rain here. And not just rain, but flooding downpours, high winds toppling trees (and a nearby barn), damaging hail, long rolling thunder, and killing (literally) lightning strikes. We're all bummed...yes, and cranky. So a dog diversion will be most welcome, but only if it dries up a bit. Ten wet, stinky dogs playing around in the house will be too much for me to endure with a smile right now. :|

So, if it rains, I'll be there. (Gosh, it seems I'm wishing for yet another day of rain!) :D

Mith, you sew? Since I don't, I was thinking about stapling my patch to something!! ;) Did you see on another thread that I got DH a patch, but he didn't know who Larry was? Doesn't he listen to me when I provide race bulletins and updates? Geesh. 8-)
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby sarida » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:53 pm

Hi Mith,

I'm glad to hear to got your Larry patch. I'm tracking the deliveries and so far the US Postal Service has done a great job. Enjoy wearing Larry and telling folks you actually met him face to fur. His legend deserves to be known and that's why I did this project.

Cyber hugs my dear, and wet sloppy, puppy kisses.

Moose,

Sit that DH of yours down and have him watch the Iditarod dvd. I hope you have either 07 or 08 or both. They are well worth the price and something a guy would love.

We'll take some of your rain here in south Texas. Dolly helped us, but we are still well below average for the year. And what's with all these tornados in the midwest and north east?! Not that we want them back, but that's stange territory for twisters. Keep dry and under cover.

Mush on,

Southpaw Sarida
Sarida the Snowless
sarida

Postby emwcee » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:29 pm

I'm planning on being there, unless something changes at the last minute. Not sure how I'll do on the trivia, but I'll study up a bit.
emwcee

Postby MotorWerk » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:23 am

Sorry, can't join you tonight. Going to a concert.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby flowerpower » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:26 pm

CHAT IS OPEN NOW! COME VISIT WITH US!!!!!!!!!!!1 :D :D :D :D :D
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby MotorWerk » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:52 pm

I made it. joining now.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby Heidi » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:58 pm

That was fun guys...thanks for participating!!!

7/26/08 Chat stats:

9 participants (including tsfr who showed up after the contest)

7/26/08 Contest results:

WINNER: bb backer (It was close; it came down to the very last question!)
2nd: flowerpower
3rd: fladogfan
4th: emwcee
5th: dilli ;-)
Red Lantern: melaniegouldfanbrian, motorwerk (tie)

CONGRATS EVERYONE! :D

Oh, and a VERY SPECIAL THANKS to bb backer who is giving her prize (Ken Anderson's journal) to Mith. Thanks bb backer -- you're a sweetheart :!:
Heidi

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk