CHAT/TRIVIA April 2nd-1PMAT,2PT,3MT,4CT,5ET,10UK,11NO

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

CHAT/TRIVIA April 2nd-1PMAT,2PT,3MT,4CT,5ET,10UK,11NO

Postby emwcee » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:11 pm

MODERATOR'S NOTE:

The chats are currently taking place the last Sunday of every month at 12 noon Alaska Time (1PT, 2MT, 3CT, 4ET, 9UK, 10NO).

The months that we have chat and trivia, the chat will be at 12AT and the trivia will start an hour later.

:arrow: :arrow: The link to our chat room is at the top of the forum under "Announcements".

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Do we want to meet at the same time, kind of a vicarious party? Is there any chance someone might be at the picnic with a laptop who could join us for chat with a commentary? Or is there radio coverage? Just a thought. I was thinking we could meet at 12:30 Alaska time. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

When do they announce who has signed up? I don't remember how it works from last year? Do we find out right away or do we wait until Monday to find out who signed up? I guess another idea would be to chat after we've found who has signed up, but I'm not sure when that will be.

I have plans at 4:00 p.m. Alaska time -- a "game night" with family and friends, so I'd prefer that we meet before then. But end up meeting then, I might be able to get away and join you all for an hour of chat. I'd love to talk to everyone again, if it works out.

Any other input?
Last edited by libby the lab on Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:18 am, edited 75 times in total.
Reason: changed chat room info
emwcee

Re: Chat on June 28?

Postby MotorWerk » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:23 am

Just give me an idea of the time and I'll try to be there.
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby Moose » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:00 am

Great idea, Emwcee. It's going to be a busy weekend, what with having already made commitments to be "here, there, and everywhere" at some point over Friday thru Sunday. But if you post a time and I'm home I'll pop in to chat. I'm anxious to see how the drawing process goes and who's likely to be on the trail in March.

Motor, thanks for letting us know that Robert will be traveling to the picnic. He's as determined to get on the trail as he is to get down the trail! Kudos to the tough and determined Robert and teammates.

Now, let the race begin--or at least the race to the race! 8-)
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby tanglefoot » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:22 am

would be up for it, will see if around what time??? ak time is fine and i can work it out from there...be great to see who's signed up!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Di* » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:10 pm

Nice idea Em, I'll try to be there if I can.

Have you decided on a time?
Di*

Postby emwcee » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:30 pm

Well, we are having computer problems at the moment. However, I think I can get someplace where I can use a computer if I know ahead of time. Let's plan it for 1 p.m. Alaska Time on Saturday, June 28. I will try to get to a computer -- however, it may be a computer that cuts in and out -- like Tanglefoot's. Remember that late-night chat? It will probably be only an hour or so, but it would be good to get together. If computer problems prevent me from being there, I will be thinking of you all.
emwcee

Postby Heidi » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:19 am

emwcee wrote:Let's plan it for 1 p.m. Alaska Time on Saturday, June 28.

Great idea ems and 1AT (4CT) sounds good to me. I'm not positive I can make it, but the afternoon is a better bet than later in the evening.

I'll change the title of this thread to make it reflective of the date and time. If it needs to be changed again, any of the mods can fix it.
Heidi

Re: JOIN US IN CHAT Sat. June 28 @ 1:00 AT

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:51 am

i think thats 9pm uk time 10 pm norway time which sadly means i will be working...oh hang on thats wrong think you guys are 10 hours behind...so...11pm uk time then which means i could...maybe..make it...will be workign till late that night in the pub so will see if i can log on after, will keep checking here and keep me updated with plans.
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Heidi » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:20 am

tanglefoot wrote:i think thats 9pm uk time 10 pm norway time which sadly means i will be working...oh hang on thats wrong think you guys are 10 hours behind...so...11pm uk time then which means i could...maybe..make it...

Tangles, isn't 1:00 AT 10:00 your time and 11:00 in Norway? I hope you can make it. Heck, I hope I can make it! :lol:
Heidi

Postby Moose » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:33 am

Here's my go-to time chart. It's come in handy as I just don't fathom time so well--well, anything associated with numbers, really! :oops: But I can smell--oops! I mean I can spell! I can't type, but I can spell pretty good! I may look like a moose, but no one has ever told me I smell like a moose! :lol: :lol:

http://www.worldtimezone.com/

I'm going to try like mad to be at the party. Hope a goodly number of you guys can make it.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Next

Return to Mushing Talk