CHAT/TRIVIA April 2nd-1PMAT,2PT,3MT,4CT,5ET,10UK,11NO

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: JOIN US IN CHAT Sat. June 28 @ 1:00 AT

Postby flowerpower » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:31 am

I will be there if I am in town, but likely we will be out at the lake working on the house. No internet connection there. :(
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby MotorWerk » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:40 am

I think it is 11 at night Norwegian time, but I'm terrible at time zones and even worse when it comes to reading charts.

(A few years ago I went on with my life as usual for 3 weeks before I discovered the clock had been turned for daylights saving.)
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby emwcee » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:42 pm

We have internet back! W00T!! I can't believe how handicapped I am without internet. Anyway, I'll be in chat at 1:00 p.m. AT. I will probably only be in chat about an hour and a half before I need to go, but it should be a fun time.
emwcee

Postby sarida » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:02 pm

Where is the chat space and how do I get to it? I think 1 pm AK time is 5 pm TX time.
Sarida the Snowless
sarida

Postby sarida » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:24 pm

I found it. Never mind.
Sarida the Snowless
sarida

Postby Heidi » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:30 pm

sarida wrote:I think 1 pm AK time is 5 pm TX time.

Sarida, I hope you see this in time, but it's 4:00 TX time. :)
Heidi

Re: JOIN US IN CHAT Sat. 6/28 @ 1:00AT,2PT,3MT,4CT,5ET,10UK,11NO

Postby sarida » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:41 am

Thanks Heidi. I think I included Central time in my counting. Doh! Will anyone at the Picnic in the chatroom?
Sarida the Snowless
sarida

Postby Di* » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:07 am

MotorWerk wrote:I think it is 11 at night Norwegian time, but I'm terrible at time zones and even worse when it comes to reading charts.

(A few years ago I went on with my life as usual for 3 weeks before I discovered the clock had been turned for daylights saving.)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Looks like you guessed right this time Motor! Hope you can make it.

Too bad you will be at the lake Flower, we will miss you :(
Di*

Postby ThisSpaceForRent » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:53 am

emwcee wrote:We have internet back! W00T!! I can't believe how handicapped I am without internet. Anyway, I'll be in chat at 1:00 p.m. AT. I will probably only be in chat about an hour and a half before I need to go, but it should be a fun time.

Oh MWC i KNOW how you feel....

Lost my home PC to a lightening strike...3 harddrives of my life. 500 gig of music...many photos and docs. YES I know about back ups....on of the HD's was my BU drive...forgot to unplug it :cry: (insert slapping head smiley here)

A few days later my cheap OLD laptop blew its hard drive....went almost 2 months with NO computer or internet.

Good news...New laptop....I'm BACK. :D

Don't know if i can make it tonight....i work but may try to slip in and say HI...(good WiFi at the Cafe)

Peace and kindest regards to all....

has anyone said GoLanceGo lately :mrgreen:

daniel...tsfr
Peace,Love and SnowDogsGo...
ThisSpaceForRent

Re: JOIN US IN CHAT Sat. 6/28 @ 1:00AT

Postby tanglefoot » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:31 am

welcome back dannyboy, good to see you in here again, wondered where you had gotten too.

sorry all that i couldnt make the chat last night hell of a busy night at work didnt finish till 1.30am...started yesterday at 9.30 am...long day. i finished then had to walk the dogs in the cool night so got to bed early hours.... guess by then you guys would have popped off yourselves.

oh well... off to find what i can on the sign up, adn has an artical this am as does june sunhusky's site and insider.....

hike on gang!
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk