rondy by night. team tangles

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: rondy by night. team tangles

Postby tanglefoot » Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:44 am

hahaha, that s an old one, they got loads of stuff wrong on that one, theres probably about 400 teams by now in the uk maybe, think that was a good few years back just afte we got wolfe. as for t'shirt, i was just thinking about that this morning, and was saying to ems we should get some done..will have to work on a design...

frozen you might be able to help me out a little.
we are planning a litter from lolly come autum/winter and as its the UK and the kennel club over see the pedigree thing ( lolly and kirra are pedigree siberians) we need to register an affix or kennel name, we are putting down tanglefoot of course for the first choice put you have to put in 3 incase the kennelclub dont like your first one or its to near to another kennels name or has already been register..if we dont get tanglefoot, we'd like to use some old alaskan name or word associated with dogsledding, either an athabascan, yupik, inuit word that sounds pretty nice but has a meaning behind it, i found the inupiat translation of my sirname ( which is hammersley), i think without looking it up its kautaqtuq meaning hammers, which i thought was pretty cool....

... hey an idea...john, maybe your kids could come up with some too? be great to think one of our iditabuddies was involved somehow, bring good luck on the litter!i was planning on naming the litter after iditarod mushers when we have them, deedee, buser, butcher, mackey, ramy, reddington etc etc. so can anyone help?
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby tanglefoot » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:34 pm

just got an email about studs for lolly, i dotn know if anyone knows about the siberian working lines, but i hope, fingers crossed - we have 2 studs that we might be able to use from a top sibe racing kennel, ones mainly seppala lines (reconise the name?) the others from european racing lines...got vet checks to do now, so fingers crossed!

just wondering if frozen and john and the kids saw the bit about kennel and dog names?
tanglefoot

Postby dilli » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:14 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Lollipups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhh .. can it be? My recurring vision regarding Tanglefoot Kennel is about to manifest in physical reality?? :D ;) :D

Anybody have a knitting recipe for puppy booties??? :P

Anybody want to set up a wagering grid for the puppy pool???? HOWL

just kidding
We've got treats
dilli

Postby Gatekeeper » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:24 pm

Great Stuff Tangles! And congrats, yet AGAIN! It must be the year of the Brit! Hard work brings good luck.
GK
Gatekeeper

Postby Moose » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:35 pm

Hey, T: Congratulations to you and the team! You do your Iditabuds proud. :D
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby Johncn » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:37 pm

tanglefoot wrote:... hey an idea...john, maybe your kids could come up with some too? be great to think one of our iditabuddies was involved somehow, bring good luck on the litter!i was planning on naming the litter after iditarod mushers when we have them, deedee, buser, butcher, mackey, ramy, reddington etc etc. so can anyone help?

Could you cross-post to the SBT Comments and Suggestions? I think it's a fab idea, as Ringo said last night on the Grammy's.

Regards,

JTC
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai & Confucius

John Cn
Professional Amateur
Email: john@teachers4Schools.com
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Postby tanglefoot » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:10 am

will do john!
tanglefoot

Postby Another UK Fan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:12 am

ooooo - Tangles! Whopping well done! Did Sassy run OK? Got over her stagefright?

And litters.....ohhhhh...can feel the pull...(no pun intended). Wishing you lots of good things for this very exciting development. Flu addled mind is now full of feverish imaginings :lol:

Lots of hugs and fuss to your beautiful winning team.
Another UK Fan

Postby JeanieB » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:48 am

Loving your adventures, Tangles. It certainly would be fun having you with us in Anchorage. I have not heard you say (but missed a lot of posts), is there any possibility of you runnning the Last Great Race in the future. I can see all of us lined up as your dog handlers!!!!!

Oh, what a nice dream,
JeanieB
"When women reach a certain age, they begin to collect dogs. This is known as "Many - Paws""
JeanieB

Postby tanglefoot » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:11 am

hi jeanie B,

well......we are hoping to get out for next years race....and..er....i think i m gonna use that as a fact finding trip as well...ummm....it would be a dream come true to run to nome, it has to be my once in a lifetime alltogether dream come true to run a team in the iditarod....and at the moment im trying to get my head around how i could do it, fianances etc etc etc...and toying with the idea of doing it in say 5 years or at least have plans for MAYBE!!! doing it by then, im 40 in 5 years so it would kinda be a sort of thing to mark the occasion with...i think!

were coming to alaska for the race next year if my house sale goes through, fingers crossed its going to go its under offer at the moment... i know that if i come to the race im gonna want to do it, but knowing me if i do i wouldnt want to just finish the race id want to go for it and do the best i could and finish as high up as i can...and be competitive. im too competitive in my sports to not just run it, and thats the problem !

ive competed to a high level in climbing, white water kayak and canoe racing, mushing, and surfing and have gone for it big time in each, so i know that id want to go for it big time and go hard if i did it, and its training myself not to so as i wouldnt end up scratching thats the hard bit hahaha

but if i do end up doing it then i would love the iditabuddies there to handle for me and join in the excitment!
tanglefoot

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk