rondy by night. team tangles

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: rondy by night. team tangles

Postby flowerpower » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:14 am

Lollipups! ROFL! Dilli, that is hysterical! I love it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby tanglefoot » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:22 pm

ahhhhhhh lolly pups would be beautiful hahahaha, no really they would..oh and very naughty too! we just got in from training run.....wow they were on the ball tonight!!! yipeeeeee
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby tilstede2 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:30 pm

Tangles; did you see this ne from Auntie Dilli :lol:

dilli Anybody have a knitting recipe for puppy booties??? :P
tilstede2

Postby tanglefoot » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:03 pm

hahaha very funny! hee hee shes auntie dilli to the team already, they send their bestest wooowowowooooooososoo to her all the time and think she is great and all have to sniff the lucky jeff king bootie before a race hahaha
tanglefoot

Postby fladogfan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:50 pm

tanglefoot wrote:hi jeanie B,

well......we are hoping to get out for next years race....and..er....i think i m gonna use that as a fact finding trip as well...ummm....it would be a dream come true to run to nome, it has to be my once in a lifetime alltogether dream come true to run a team in the iditarod....and at the moment im trying to get my head around how i could do it, fianances etc etc etc...and toying with the idea of doing it in say 5 years or at least have plans for MAYBE!!! doing it by then, im 40 in 5 years so it would kinda be a sort of thing to mark the occasion with...i think!

were coming to alaska for the race next year if my house sale goes through, fingers crossed its going to go its under offer at the moment... i know that if i come to the race im gonna want to do it, but knowing me if i do i wouldnt want to just finish the race id want to go for it and do the best i could and finish as high up as i can...and be competitive. im too competitive in my sports to not just run it, and thats the problem !

ive competed to a high level in climbing, white water kayak and canoe racing, mushing, and surfing and have gone for it big time in each, so i know that id want to go for it big time and go hard if i did it, and its training myself not to so as i wouldnt end up scratching thats the hard bit hahaha

but if i do end up doing it then i would love the iditabuddies there to handle for me and join in the excitment!
so in 5 years I'll only be 71, if I can't hold a dog by then at least I could whooooohooooooo and yippppeeeee for the team-whatever their name is by then :D :lol: :D

fdf :D
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby JeanieB » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:00 pm

All right, Tangles! We can all save our pennies for 5 years! I seriously doubt I will make it back next year. I'll see how much I have to spend this year, first. If you get to run the Iditarod, I'll walk there!!!

Mush on,
JeanieB
"When women reach a certain age, they begin to collect dogs. This is known as "Many - Paws""
JeanieB

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:05 am

was it herbie N or someone else who was running the irod in their late 70's?
tanglefoot

Postby Polaris » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:19 pm

:D :D :D :D You little tinker you, ive just got a tear in my eye from that report. We do race hard, we train hard but we do look out for each other. Dizzy does like the cold but me being a mincy Army boy, i dont. See you on the trail.
POLARIS SLED DOGS UK.DOING IT OUR WAY.
Polaris

Postby Another UK Fan » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:13 pm

Polaris - who is Dizzy?
Another UK Fan

Postby MarinOhio » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:14 pm

OK Tangles, if I don't fall down and I don't step on any doggie toes, can I handle for you too? Let's see, that would be in 2013?? FDF, If we're too old to handle one dog, we could pair up and you could take the head of one dog and I could take it's butt. Would that work? What do you think, Mith? :D :D :)
MarinOhio

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk