Questions About Using The Forum

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Questions About Using The Forum

Postby mithious » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:07 pm

Thought I'd start a new thread about this so as to not inturrupt the flow in the other threads....

John, when I log into the forum it comes up between the sponsors on the right and list , gallery, and visitor locations on left...is there a function that would allow me to make the forum full screen? I noticed when TSFR put the link to TTP for the Q on the ITC site, it came up full screen?

Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Re: Questions About Using The Forum

Postby Johncn » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:39 pm

Sure....

http://mushing.bssd.org/forum/

Regards,

Johncn
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai & Confucius

John Cn
Professional Amateur
Email: john@teachers4Schools.com
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Postby mithious » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:50 pm

another dumb question :oops: I tried to just click the link and it brought me to the Board index....do I need to Logout first, then type in the link from my browser? :oops: I'm truely technically challenged..... :roll: :oops: Thanks
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Postby mithious » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:57 pm

nope...that didn't work either...sigh....logged out and typed in the link you posted but my browser said check your spelling...I did and it was spelled right....
Henry D Thoreau
George Washington
mithious

Postby mithious » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:32 pm

Hi John,

dilli just sent me a link that has the forum full screen...I will bookmark it...so am testing to see if it works...thanks John :D :D :D
Henry D Thoreau
George Washington
mithious

Postby sc-race-fan » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:32 pm

Mith, clicking on the link as it is in the posting did it for me!! Try that....I understand completely what you were "talking about" as I had to PM John to get the link he posted for you a couple of days ago!! Selecting the forum from the main page causes scroll bars with-in scroll bars.
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

Postby mithious » Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:48 pm

Oh thank you all, John, dilli, SC....I got it full screen!!!!! whoopppiieee :D :D :D :D Thanks for coming to my rescue :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Henry D Thoreau
George Washington
mithious

Postby Breeze » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:29 pm

it is so wonderful here, have a question and you'll get an answer ( right now before the fit hits the Shah)

I'm coming to the forum page via dial-up and wondering how I can access the rest of the BSSD content?

Is there a bridge link?

See Mith, you aren't the only one challenged!

breeze
Breeze

Postby Johncn » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:45 pm

Hey,

I'm putting the back and forth links on the header on the top of the page. Probably tonight. I KNOW we need it. I'm just struggling for time to get it done. I will!

For reference, here the direct links:

BSSD IditaProject Main Page
http://mushing.bssd.org/

BSSD IditaProject Registration - Schools wanting to sign up for the project sign up here
http://mushing.bssd.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=43

IditaProject Forums Only - Just the boards...no frills
http://mushing.bssd.org/forum/

Hope this helps...I'm going to post an IditaProject FAQ link, too.

Thanks,

Johncn
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai & Confucius

John Cn
Professional Amateur
Email: john@teachers4Schools.com
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Postby dilli » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:56 pm

You're a peach, John. So many tasks, so little time. : :D

I bookmarked the forum and main BSSD pages .. makes it real easy for dial uppers to keep both pages open and go back and forth and refresh as needed/desired. Works well and painlessly for this old crone. :-D
We've got treats
dilli

Next

Return to Mushing Talk