OT Palin may be McCain's Veep Candidate

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

OT Palin may be McCain's Veep Candidate

Postby txbennett » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:19 am

Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, formerly Mayor of Wasilla, may soon be named by John McCain as his Vice Presidential running mate. :) :)

If elected, I wonder whether she will attend the ceremonial start of Iditarod 2009. As Governor she was very prominent in Iditarod 2008.

TXbennett
txbennett

Re: Palin may be McCain's Veep Candidate

Postby dilli » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:42 am

CNN has just confirmed Sarah Palin will be Mc Cain's vice presidential running mate.
:shock:
We've got treats
dilli

Postby MotorWerk » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:30 am

A surprise, to say the least.

I see she's a member of NRA...
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby emwcee » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:44 am

Wow -- This certainly came out of nowhere! In my daughter's civics class, the teacher listed three other people as possibilities. My daughter knew he was consdiering Palin, but she didn't say anything. This will definitely put Alaska on the map! I still chuckle every time I remember Lance Mackey picking up the phone and saying "Hello, Sir!" And then this year saying, "I remember you. I named a dog after you!"
emwcee

Re: OT Palin may be McCain's Veep Candidate

Postby Heidi » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:47 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Heidi

Postby BB Backer » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:26 am

Here's an interesting article from ADN entitled "Choice Stuns State Politicians." http://www.adn.com/news/politics/story/510249.html

Go Team Buser!!!
BB Backer
When you’re happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
BB Backer

Postby MotorWerk » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:16 am

I saw her speech this morning, and good Lord is she conservative. She's so conservative she makes Bush look like a new dealer. Scary. Of course she had her family there with her and her (coming) son-in-law looked extremely uncomfortable. Cracks in the fasade already?
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby jonnybegood » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:29 am

Hey Hey Hey, Hi race friends,

Ya Motor, you got that right. Sarah Palin is very conserative. If you like her or not I think we can all agree she will make this presidential race a lot more interesting. With every election its not about voting for the best candidate its about voting against the worst. On my target shooting forum they are all for her because she is a NRA member. I thought her speech was good and I think she is a fighter, something the McCain camp needed. What it means to me is "GAME ON"
Seeya, JBG
jonnybegood

Postby txbennett » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:02 am

I agree JBG. To me politics is a spectator sport, not as good as the Iditarod, but still fun to watch. I think this one will be more entertaining than most of the recent contests.

:lol: :lol:

TXbennett
txbennett

Postby tanglefoot » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:34 pm

its huge news over this side of the pond as well! got to see the state fair at wasilla yesterday on the news as there were doing a feature on where she lives...was great to see it, was trying to see if i could reconise anyone the bbc interviewed but they didnt put any names up
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Next

Return to Mushing Talk