Forum Guidelines

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Guidelines, you like these?

yes
95%
no
No votes
undecided
5%

Total votes : 20

Re: Forum Guidelines

Postby Heidi » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:06 pm

mithious wrote:

Do you think we should be a bit more specific though? Just to give you mods and admins more control IF someone doesn't abide by the rule and still signs up and starts problems?

I think tsfr mentioned in another post how the "No jerks" rule gives us a lot of latitude. If our rules get too wordy and long, no one will read them. If someone is not pro-sled dog racing, then they can't participate as stated in that first rule. So as far as them walking the line, they've already broken rule #1 so they'll be kicked out and have their posts deleted ASAP.

Just remember, YOU guys are needed to help keep out the trolls. Any post you have qualms about, don't reply to it - just report it. Use the "!" button next to the "Quote" button. The next mod/admin to log in (if they're not already logged in) will deal with it.

Thanks! I gotta run, but will be back later.
Heidi

Postby fladogfan » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:45 am

Think this deserves a bump up, need more imput from members, don't we.

And MITH you and Mith JR can practice leetspeak or at least you can 'look over his shoulder' :lol: :lol: and still not know what's being said :lol: :lol: but you are younger than I, so you can probably learn taa daaa :D
fdf ;)
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby Heidi » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:54 am

fladogfan wrote:Think this deserves a bump up, need more imput from members, don't we.

And MITH you and Mith JR can practice leetspeak or at least you can 'look over his shoulder' :lol: :lol: and still not know what's being said :lol: :lol: but you are younger than I, so you can probably learn taa daaa :D
fdf ;)

Actually I think John is adding the final draft to the forum soon, but that doesn't mean they can't still be amended after that. They can always be changed. :) :)
Heidi

Postby Johncn » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:14 am

Hello,

I made a suggested change on the wiki page regarding the "pro-sleddog racing" part. I just put it in a different order, and changed the wording to this:

This is a a forum for FANS, not detractors of sled dog racing. If you are not in favor of mushing as a sport, or have a fundamental problem with dog sledding activities, you will not be welcome here.

If this is OK, I'll go ahead and make the rules "official"....however the link to the wiki remains active and we can continue to adjust and refine as needed.

Ultimately, the Moderators run this board, and I sure appreciate all their help with the rules.

Regards,

Johncn
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai & Confucius

John Cn
Professional Amateur
Email: john@teachers4Schools.com
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Postby Heidi » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:24 am

Nicely stated John. It works for me. :) :)
Heidi

Postby mithious » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:42 pm

Johncn wrote:Hello,

I made a suggested change on the wiki page regarding the "pro-sleddog racing" part. I just put it in a different order, and changed the wording to this:

This is a a forum for FANS, not detractors of sled dog racing. If you are not in favor of mushing as a sport, or have a fundamental problem with dog sledding activities, you will not be welcome here.

If this is OK, I'll go ahead and make the rules "official"....however the link to the wiki remains active and we can continue to adjust and refine as needed.

Ultimately, the Moderators run this board, and I sure appreciate all their help with the rules.

Regards,

Johncn

I have a question......when you say fundamental problem with dog sledding activities.......that's pretty broad....could you explain dogsledding activeties? And how far that reach is? For example, if someone disagrees with a descision the ITC makes...would that constitute a fundamental problem activity? Sorry....but I want to make sure I'm following the rules...may be simple for others to understand....please remember, I've had a TBI, Traumatic Brain Injury, and sometimes things don't make sence to me as they would others....thanks for your patience and time :D :D :D
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Postby Johncn » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:27 pm

Hey there,

I don't think that would be a fundamental problem with mushing as a sport or activity, but ultimately, the moderators decide. They "rule". There is no formalized process of appeal, definitions of terms or anything.....at least I don't think those are needed ;-)

Regards,

Johncn
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai & Confucius

John Cn
Professional Amateur
Email: john@teachers4Schools.com
Johncn

Skype ID: Johncn2

Postby mithious » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:48 pm

Thank you again John :D :D :D I am just a little skittish now, and want to be absolutely sure I understand and don't cross any boundaries..... :D :D :D And again, thanks for such a quick reply :D :D 8-)
Nay, be a Columbus to whole new continents and worlds within you, opening new channels, not of trade, but of thought.
Henry D Thoreau
Happiness depends more on the internal frame of a person's mind than on the externals in the world.
George Washington
mithious

Skype ID: laurie.brown9

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk