presenting the iditabuddies newest member!

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: presenting the iditabuddies newest member!

Postby Heidi » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:10 am

Matt & Ems...

I'm so sorry to hear about Panik. What a special dog! Thanks for sharing that, even though I'm sure it was difficult to do.

Like Auk said, "We are all one pack." Big hugs to both of you.
Heidi

Postby sc-race-fan » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:50 am

Matt and Em's have both posted in Facebook with different long postings regarding her life and tons of pictures. I am grateful they felt their Iditabud family is really a "virtual family" and needed advance notice, as we all have/had furrry friends and were honored with early notification and could really understand the reactions of the other dogs in her pack.
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

Postby fladogfan » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:04 am

sc-race-fan wrote:Matt and Em's have both posted in Facebook with different long postings regarding her life and tons of pictures. I am grateful they felt their Iditabud family is really a "virtual family" and needed advance notice, as we all have/had furrry friends and were honored with early notification and could really understand the reactions of the other dogs in her pack.

We have known Matt for so many years, even before his lovely Ems entered his life ( I think). We were honored by him to be told first. If you have face book look at the amount of people posting condolences, Matt has made so many friends here, the UK and beyond. We all have lost fur buddies so we know the sadness they are feeling, even the dogs of his pack. It will take a while for the hurt/sadness to slowly ease for all of them. You will never forget.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby tanglefoot » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:47 am

You are all part of our extended family, it’s amazing the contact we have kept over the years and to have Brent, Boo (Becki) and families, come and visit with us and run our dogs with us, Christina (AUKF) help with races, be part of our friends and circle of mushers, helpers at races has been fantastic!

I joined franks forum and iditasupport in 1994 over on cabellas old site. Long time ago now. You are all life long friends and as she was named in honour of you all I wanted to let you all know first before the wider world xxxx
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Moose » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:53 am

<3 <3 <3 (Those would be red hearts elsewhere.) Helping to carry the sorrow, T and Ems, as you and everyone here have helped carry mine over the years.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Previous

Return to Mushing Talk