presenting the iditabuddies newest member!

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: presenting the iditabuddies newest member!

Postby Di* » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:29 pm

:( :( So very sad Tangles, dogs have such pure souls & deserve all the best, which is what you and Ems gave her. Rest easy sweet Panik. Feeling your hurt across the miles. Big hugs to you & Ems.
Dogs...What they lack in manners, they make up for in Sincerity!
Di*

Postby Gatekeeper » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:19 pm

I have no words.

Hugs and Prayers,

GK
Gatekeeper

Postby tanglefoot » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:22 pm

Ems got in late last night, i waited up for her, she told me what happened at the vets and how when she got home the dogs all sat with down together. she brought Pan's collar in for them to sniff and Kapik and Zoya her sisters came and sat either side of Ems. They both, at the same time, lowered their heads and then the rest of the pack did as well. She said it was very weird but she said it was also quite incredible. All the dogs paid their respects. Kapik and Zoya sniffed Pan's collar and gave Ems's hand a nudge. then when Ems sat down with a cup of tea, they all piled on top of her or surrounded her and were very very quiet. Our dogs, like most, normally go mad when we get home, she said they were all very quiet and didn't show any signs of their normal excitment. This morning Sienna is very sad, she keep coming up and looking at me and then lowering her head and being very quiet. She is a sensitive soul even though she is quite sharp the rest of the time but has a massive sense of pack.

thanks for the kind words all xxx
Believe in your dog team and your dog team will believe in you. – Frank Turner
TANGLEFOOT SLED DOG RACING TEAM
tanglefoot

Postby Luna » Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:14 am

Goosebumps and tears in my eyes reading this tangles. :cry:
Luna

Postby fladogfan » Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:56 am

Me too Luna. I believe animals grieve for their family members who die. I know mine did.
All my children have four feet and fur.
fladogfan

Postby sc-race-fan » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:39 am

Well, after reading your post there is a tear puddle on this side of the pond. I continue to remember all the pups and the fun time I had while visiting. Thank you to you and Em's for describing those wonderful moments and allowing us to share in your grief. Scrunches to all the pack, and BIG HUGS to you and Em's.
Proud PaPa of the triplet litter; Aidan (B), Bailey (G), and Cameron (B). Cameron is on top in picture; Bailey, of course, is the bowhead!!
sc-race-fan

Location: formerly Columbia, South Carolina, now residing in Mooresville, North Carolina

Postby Another UK Fan » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:07 am

So beautiful. We are all one pack. Thanks for sharing the story and showing how we all comfort each other. Hugs to all.
Another UK Fan

Postby flowerpower » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:11 am

So very very sorry Mattie and Ems. It's never easy to say that last goodbye, but I believe they don't go that far when they leave-they are just around that next bend in the trail. Hugs to you and all the pack.
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby Moose » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:29 am

So beautiful. Thank you for sharing that, Ems and T. We've seen similar expressions of respect and mourning here. "Just a dog"? Hardly.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby braider » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:12 pm

So sad.
braider

Location: Bemidji, Minnesota - the first city on the Mississippi River

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk