2009 Poetry, Song and Limerick Thread

This is a forum for general discussion of dogsled racing, with a special focus on Alaska, and is open to all. It is expected that this area will see the most activity during the months leading up to, and during the annual Iditarod sled dog race. Pictures from races can be posted here. Hosting is provided by the Bering Strait School District (BSSD), and the area is open all year. Care to be one of our volunteer moderators? Contact us!

Moderators: fladogfan, libby the lab, mira, mamamia, sc-race-fan

Re: 2009 Poetry, Song and Limerick Thread

Postby Di* » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:54 pm

:D :D Loved it Em!!! Those are fantastic lyrics and you wrote them standing in line??? You are truly talented! Gotta go back and find the poem by Griz!
While I've been reveling in 51degrees today you have all been busy creating! :D :D
Di*

Postby emwcee » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:15 pm

Thanks, all. If anyone wants to download our song, right click on the little flower-like symbol to the right of the song link and then "Save Target As."

Eskil, we used Cakewalk to record the music. What did you use to do yours? My husband makes quite a bit of music. Here's a link to some of his stuff:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=328072
emwcee

Postby flowerpower » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:14 am

All of ya'll are AWESOME! Yes, Iditabuds on tour, I see it now! Maybe a hound dog howling in the background! :lol: :lol:
"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
flowerpower

Postby MotorWerk » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:21 am

I can see it now:

The Huskies on tour

Oslo - sold out
London - sold out
New York - sold out
Chicago - sold out
Houston - sold out
Los Angeles - sold out
Anchorage - sold out
Nome - sold out
Nome, extra gig - sold out
-exit body, exit mind-

""It's a mathematical certainty that somewhere among all the millions of stars, there is another planet where they speak Norwegian""
MotorWerk

Postby grizzman » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:11 pm

good day everyone...things on the trail are shapeing up, and ive penned a poem i know is a little pre mature, but in my heart this is how i feel, so im going to post it and hope maybe you will like it.grizzman. THREE TIMES A CHARM

Iditarod fire runs through this family of men, the Mackey’s have done it again and again, father, brother, and lance caught it too, now he’s got three under his shoe, his team runs with speed no one can match, its the Iditarod fire they're running to catch. The man who won when life had him down, he turned on the fire, running hit the ground. Iditarod fire was in his blood and he would show us what he was made of.

It was number 13 that he wore that day, when he won the race his family had paved the way, when he had the one, the first of his three, his dad was there under the burled tree.

He ran number two with a team of his friends, many musher’s chased him to the end, one played his music as sort of a taunt, but he just couldn’t catch the lance mans jaunt, and under the burl he stood once again the Mackey’s had done it ,but it wasn’t the end.

So as they say three is the charm, there were many mushers’ put on alarm. The race was flooded with tons of snow. And everyone thought that maybe lance would go slow. But Iditarod fire had ignited his team, and he would soon be living his dream.

The burled arch stands as it greets them all, but it’s Lance again who is standing tall, three times a charm has brought him home, a hero again stands in Nome. And this years thought was not to get stuck, but what will be the color of my truck.

Bob putman
March 16, 2009
bob putman..A.K.A. GRIZZMAN
grizzman

Postby Di* » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:12 pm

:D :D Ahhh that is great Bob! That is how my heart feels too! ( I like your avatar pic :) )
Di*

Postby Moose » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:59 pm

Thanks Grizzman. Big silly grin on my face as I read it. You caught the essence of the man and his team.
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby grizzman » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:19 pm

well having lived in alaska and having seen lots of moose....there were a number of times they had a silly grin...so im familiar with the look..thank you for the kind words, lance is quite the character, but on the other side of the coin, hes a man with a drive and determination that just about match the drive and will of his dogs, i deeply admire him for his strenght and desire to overcome obstacles, and he's done it. grizzman
grizzman

Postby Moose » Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Again and again...and soon, maybe, again! :D
Wag more, bark less.
Moose

Postby grizzman » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:42 am

goodmorning folks...time for some hot chocolate......i posted a poem yesterday that was a little pre mature , but i just decided that was the outcome i wanted and will just be positive.....well i feel like i need to finish with the cherry on the top ...sort of thing...didnt feel like all was said..so here is the companion poem called ,

POST SCRIPT POEM

Effort, running, and lack of sleep…..constant hours of being on your feet, dogs running mad to get to the arch, your body’s depleted of every starch, Iditarod fire was the Lance Mackey plan, there’s not much less that comes from this man, but the trade mark the sign of doing it good, the love for his dogs cuz he knew that they could, mile after mile the tempo was fast, it brought back the memories of races past, but this is what you get even after those miles…it makes it all worth it, THE LANCE MACKEY SMILES, his signature, his love, his telling the story , its telling the race that has brought his dog’s glory, again and again its his loving smile, the inner strength that has fueled his miles, he gives them to us who praise him on, the smile of lance Mackey , his Iditarod song.

Bob putman
A.K.A. GRIZZMAN
17 March 2009
grizzman

PreviousNext

Return to Mushing Talk